Chapter Twenty-six - Hey there stranger

Start from the beginning

Louis' POV

I hardly had time to look around the studio before my two ever enthusiastic sisters decided it was a great plan to jump me, one in the front, one on my back. 

"Louiiiiiiiis" They both squealed in my ear while they wrapped their legs around my waist, making me look like an overloaded backpacker, only with teenage girls instead of backpacks. As soon as I had recovered from the shock, I chuckled and hugged the sister on the front, which happened to be Fizz.

"Hey Fizz. Happy birthday." I gave her three birthday kisses before she jumped back on the floor, looking warily from me to Liam.

"Fizz, my boyfriend Liam, Liam, my sister Fizz."

"Hey Fizz, I believe I've got your birthday present here." Liam said, smiling down at Fizz who cracked a grin and pulled him into a hug, leaving him a bit startled at her enthusiasm. In the mean time, Lottie had jumped on the floor too and engulfed me in one of her warm and tight hugs.

"Hey little Tommo" I whispered as I hugged her back, surprised I actually didn't need to bend down as much as the last time I had hugged her.

"Hey big Tommo. I missed you."

"I missed you too Lots. Thanks for inviting us."

"That's okay, I'm glad you came. And so are my friends who are all swooning over you guys right now, obviously." She nodded towards a couple of girls that were standing near the wall, eyeing us in a way they thought was subtle, but was really anything but subtle and giggling behind their hands. "Having a handsome brother is going to gain me so much popularity points in school after the holidays!" she winked before she diverted her gaze.

"And this is your handsome boyfriend, I suppose?" she said cheekily as she looked Liam up and down, making him blush furiously. 

"He is indeed, Liam, Lottie; Lottie, Liam. And mind you Lottie, he is taken, so hands off." I added a wink. She giggled and slapped my arm before hugging him and pressing a kiss on his cheek. We handed them both their birthday presents, two books and a photograph in a frame for Lottie, two DVD's and a poster for Fizz. They seemed to like it and ran off to the table where all their other presents were on display, only to come back and pull us onto the dancefloor with them. It felt a bit strange to be dancing at 5 in the afternoon, but I had fun anyway, spending time with my sisters after such a long time of not having seen or heard any of them.

"Are the twins around?" I asked Lottie as I twirled her around to the beat of the somewhat familiar popsong that was playing.

"They're on a sleepover with a friend, their mum should bring them in for dinner in an hour or so."

"We're having dinner here?" I asked, confused as there were no tables in sight.

"Yeah, mum made pizza's."

"Cool."

She went to dance with Liam for the next few songs as Fizz hopped over to dance with me for a while, until I was out of breath and thirsty. I grabbed Liam's arm and excused us to the birthday girls before we joined my mum at the bar.

"Hey Lou. Looks like you're having fun." she smiled, holding up a bottle of coke to ask me if I wanted one.

"Yes please. And yes, it's good to be here. And good to see them again. They've grown up but in a way they haven't changed one bit, have they?"

"You want a drink too Liam?" She said as she put my glass down in front of me, turning to get another one for Liam. "No, I suppose they're still the overenthusiastic kids they always were. Phoebe and Daisy were looking forward to seeing you as well."