Chapter Twenty-six - Hey there stranger

Start from the beginning

"Hey Bambi. I missed you."

"I missed you too Boo." I kissed him again and again, enjoying the sparkle in his eyes as our eyes locked.

"You taste salty."

"I've been swimming this morning, the weather was great."

"Hmmm. I've been working my ass off this morning." he winked. "But I like the way you taste. Reminds me of our holiday, you always tasted salty in France."

"Hmmm, are you going to repeat what you did to me in France too?" I whispered before pulling him in for another long and deep kiss.

"Okay okay, enough with the PDA, it's been two days guys, get a room!"

"We actually have a room, Niall, and we'll continue the PDA in there later, but first I want food. I'm so friggin' hungry!" I retorted as I slapped my blond friend on the back of his head while he walked past us.

"Good, because I've spent three hours making pancakes for all of you, let's eat."

The pancakes were delicious, and so was Louis when he kept his promise about licking every bit of sea-salt of my body later that evening. 

Friday was spent in the library, again, so I felt like I deserved to sleep long, as in until noon, on Saturday. I took a long shower before I grabbed Harry's car keys and drove to Louis' work to pick him up. He would buy us some lunch from the bakery so we could eat it on our way to Doncaster. I was driving the first bit, and he'd take over halfway because he knew his way around there. I parked in front of the bakery at 1.55, waiting for him to come out. He soon did, looking rather pale and tired from his restless night, so I told him to get some sleep while I drove but he said he wouldn't be able to anyway. He handed me a roll with bacon and eggs as he started eating one himself.

"Are you nervous babe?"

"As hell. Can you tell?"

"Hardly," I smiled and put my hand on his leg, squeezing it gently before I needed my hand back for driving. This was exactly why I hated driving, especially in London. Traffic was hell over here. I glanced at Louis when we were finally on the motorway, half an hour later, and was happy to see that he had managed to fall asleep. I turned the volume from the radio down a bit and drove until I saw the first sign indicating we were nearing Doncaster. I pulled into a service station and got out to buy me a bottle of coke and woke him up when I got back to the car.

"Hey babe. Sorry to wake you, but we're almost there, so I think it's best that you take over now." he nodded and smiled gratefully when I offered him the coke. He got out of the car and stretched, revealing a strip of skin between his trousers and his shirt, a sight I could never get enough of.

He rubbed his eyes once he got into the car again, in the driver's seat this time, pulled out his glasses and drove off. It turned out we were pretty close to our destination, parking in front of the dance studio where the party was held only 20 minutes later. Balloons were hung up all over the hedge siding the pathway leading to the door, and banners and flag lines left no doubt that this was in fact the birthday party for the Tomlinson-sisters. Loud pop music came blasting out of the open doors, and three giggling blond girls just walked out of the door when we got out of the car, their giggling increasing when they noticed us. I watched Louis walk around the car while I took out the presents from the back seat, and took his hand in mine when he arrived at my side.

"It'll be fine Lou, don't worry." I said, although I knew very well that he would worry, no matter what I said. We walked to the door, each a present in hand, our other hands linked together. I pressed a quick kiss on his cheek before we went inside, the music even louder now we were in the same room as the speakers. I spotted Louis' mum and waved at her, she waved back from her spot behind the bar, and I signalled we would come and see her soon when we were attacked by two blond girls jumping at Louis. His sisters, I supposed.