55 - Earth - Zarkus

(POV Kane)

Zarkus, the god of darkness is a powerful Primordial god. It is said that his power equals the power of Zeon, the god of light. Sa lahat ng Primordial gods, siya ang kinakatakutan dahil siya ang may control sa mga creatures of darkness sa Underworld at kahit sa World of The Living

There is also a rumor that Zarkus is in connivance with the sinister beings of The Void. I doubt that this is true as Zeon or the Creator himself will remove him from his post as this is a clear sign of betrayal.

"Any idea on how we can get in touch with the god of darkness?" tanong ni Chaz kay Zade.

"Why don't you ask her daughter, Artemisia?" sagot ni Zade.

Pareho kaming nagulat ni Avery sa sinabi ni Zade, pero tulad ng inaasahan, alam na ni Chaz at ni Mackenzie ang tungkol dito. Mukhang alam na nila pareho na ang ina ni Artemisia ay si Zeraphyr at ang ama niya ay si Zarkus.

Alam ko na noon pa na ang Primordial gods ang progenitor ng mga elemental gods. I am not exactly sure if these Primordial gods gave birth, tulad ng panganganak ng mga tao or they just combined their powers produce the elemental gods.

"Wow! You forgot to mention that your father is the god of darkness?" tanong ko kay Mackenzie.

"Kane, we just met once nang mamatay ka noon. Alam niya na mamamatay at maglalaho din ako. He just said goodbye as it will take hundreds of years before I will be reborn as a mortal. He is not actually the father of the year type."

"Do you think you have some sort of power from your father that we can use in the Underworld? You are his daughter."

"No, Kane. Wala akong special dominion over the residents of the Underworld. They can attack me once we wander in the Underworld. Tulad nga ng sabi ni Zade, they will see us as a trespasser. Pero kahit hindi tayo pumunta sa World of the Living, we can ask the help of my father about the Renegade gods. Albineus and Dolphinea can relay the information that we have gathered to Blaze and Camilla."

Tumango lang ako kay Mackenzie. Wala kaming choice kundi puntahan ang god of darkness. We don't know much about these Renegade gods. We need to know our enemy before we can devise a plan to defeat them.

"Do you think Zarkus will help us?" tanong ni Chaz kay Zade.

"The Primordial gods know the existence of the fabled Renegade gods, but only the god of darkness knows their whereabouts. He is in charge in monitoring any of their movements, but I can't vouch for Zarkus. Kahit pareho kami nandito sa Underworld, I don't know much about him."

"Where in the Underworld can we find---"

Hindi pa natatapos ni Chaz ang tanong niya nang magkaroon ng malakas na pag yanig sa loob ng castle ni Zade. The reapers are unaffected, mukhang sanay na sila sa mga ganitong tremors.

"Normal ba ang earthquake sa Underworld?" tanong ni Avery.

"Kapag may massive number of deaths sa World of the Living, we can feel it here in the Underworld---"

An aftershock stopped Zade from speaking. This time, he looks alarmed as if the second earthquake is not normal. Even the other reapers look agitated.

"Zade, what is happening?" mabilis na tanong ni Chaz kay Zade.

"There is a sudden breach in the Underworld, but I can't pinpoint where exactly. The mass bloodbath in the World of the Living is probably a diversion."

"Do you think we are dealing with the Renegade gods?"

"I hope not. My trusted servant will accompany you to Zarkus. I will be taking my leave to take care of this. Someone or something is trying to infiltrate the Underworld," sabi ni Zade na biglang naglaho.

Lumapit sa amin ang isang babae na nakasuot ng isang black and glossy tight fitting attire. She has a long straight hair na umabot hanggang tuhod. Chaz looked at me with a grin on his face when we saw her gorgeous cleavage. She is too foxy to be a reaper. Baka isa ito sa mga bedroom servants into ni Zade.

"I am Zinia and I will be your manservant while you are here in the Underworld," sabi ni Zinia sabay bow sa amin like we are royalties.

Avery and Mackenzie are both frowning. Mukhang kami lang ni Chaz ang natutuwa sa magandang nilalang sa harapan namin. Zinia has a lovely face and voluptuous body. Kung nasa mundo siya ng mga tao, she will definitely be a model or celebrity.

"Will you take us to Zarkus?" tanong ni Zade kay Zinia.

"My pleasure, my lords. Follow me and I will lead the way."

Sinundan namin si Zinia at hindi mawala sa mukha ni Avery at Mackenzie ang pag simangot. I can't blame these two goddesses as Zinia looks spectacular like a luscious demon goddess.

"Is this the first time na nagkaroon ng breach sa Underworld?" tanong ko kay Zinia, pero isang matalim na irap ang natanggap ko kay Mackenzie.

"We have several attempts from the World of Living, mostly necromancers and dark witches practicing black magic, but this is the first time I have seen Prince Zade this anxious."

"Is it possible na ang mga Renegade gods ang nasa likod nito?"

"I don't know, my lord. I am just a simple servant. I am not well versed when it comes to godly politics and history," nakangiti na sagot ni Zinia habang sinusundan namin siya sa lower section ng castle ni Zade.

If Zinia is one of the trusted servants of Zade, I think she knows a lot of things. She just chose to keep us in the dark. And yet, one thing is for sure. The breach that happened a few moments ago is rare.

Pagdating namin sa pinaka baba na bahagi ng castle, tumambad sa amin ang isang madilim na tunnel na may itim na tubig. It looks like a dark sewer na may kalat kalat na torches na nagsisilbing liwanag ng underground passage.

"Are we going to swim this murky water to reach the god of darkness?" tanong ni Avery using her not so polite tone.

Hindi sumagot si Zinia at itinuro ang parating na bangka. It looks like a gondola sa Venice canal, but the boatman is wearing a cloak covering his face. This reminds me of Charon, the Underworld ferryman in Greek mythology.

Zinia motioned us to get inside the boat, but asked us to us a wear a cloak. This time, I asked Avery and Mackenzie to follow what exactly Zinia said. I am not sure what the cloak is for, but I am bet this is for our own protection.

Nagsimulang umandar ng bangka at kasabay nito ang pag kabog ng puso ko. We will be facing the Primordial god of darkness soon. A being older than the earth itself. I am not sure if he will help us, but I hope his daughter, my wife, Artemisia can convince him.

I don't think any Primordial gods will help us, but we are talking about the god of darkness. He may be willing to go against the Creator's wishes...