52 - Wind - Zaius

(POV Aliya)

I just can't believe that Shawn personally knows the Reaper King himself. Hindi ko alam kung anong mararamdaman ko dahil related kay Shawn ang Primordial god of death.

Shawn looks confused and angry at the same time, but the god of death looks like he is enjoying our bewilderment. Sa pagkakaalam ko, matalik na kaibigan ni Shawn ang daddy niya.

"Can you at least explain why you can freaking float on top of the water? No, don't answer that. You are a freaking god of death!" inis na sabi ni Shawn sabay upo sa wooden port at naka-pout ang lips na parang bata.

"Come on, Shawn. You should be at least happy that your father is a king," nakakaloko na sagot ni Zaius.

"King of the reapers? At ano tawag mo sa akin? Reaper Prince?"

"Ayaw mo ba?"

"I must admit, it has a nice ring to it," natatawa na sagot ni Shawn.

Zade is the current Reaper Prince as he is the oldest among the offsprings of Zaius. Sa pagkakaalam ko, ang ama ni Zade ay si Zaius at ang kanyang ina ay si Zahara, the Primordial god of time. The god of death and the god of time both gave birth to the four Reaper royalties, but I know all of them. Hindi ko alam na may isa pang anak si Zaius.

"Are you saying na anak mo talaga si Shawn? Is he a freaking god too?" tanong ko kay Zaius while quoting the word freaking from Shawn.

Tumango lang si Zaius at lumapit sa amin sa may wooden port. Hinawakan niya ang kamay ni Shawn as if humihingi ng tawad sa anak niya dahil sa paglilihim niya. Hindi ito ang inaasahan ko sa isang Primordial god. We all know them as proud, cold and ruthless primeval beings. All of the residents in the Old City rarely interact with them as they are even considered legendary.

"Shawn's real name is Azura, my son with Zeraphyr, the goddess of sky. Shawn is the first god of air."

It is said that Zeraphyr is the mother of all the four elemental gods, but we are unable to confirm this as we have only met her once.

"The first god of air? Ibig sabihin, isa lang akong replacement ni Shawn?" naguguluhan kong tanong kay Zaius."

Si Shawn ang original na god of air? At anak pa siya ng isang death god?

"Yes, you were just a substitute. Azura fell in love with you during the ancient times. You were a beautiful wine maker from Greece and my son was captivated by you. You were his Amore. Just like what happened to Aristraeus, both of you died due to an unexpected volcanic eruption. Hindi kayo naikasal sa Grand Cathedral and Azura died afterwards."

Zaius actually makes sense if I am not the original air deity. My limited memory is a baffling mystery to me. Kahit si Arthos, Aristraeus at si Arcella, our recollection of our past is limited to few thousand years ago. Wala kaming memory during the time of Creation or during the first creation of humans.

Aristraeus has an interesting theory that we are probably not the first set of the elemental gods. Tingin niya, naglaho na parang bula ang nauna na pangkat ng mga elemental gods dahil hindi sila na ikasal sa kanilang mga Amore.

"Zaius, kung replacement lang po ako, bakit walang imortal sa Old City ang nakakaalam tungkol dito? We've been living for thousands of years. Bakit walang nagsasabi sa amin ng tungkol sa nakaraan namin?"

"Some of the immortals in the Old City have knowledge about it, but it is highly forbidden to discuss this subject. Ask your parrot servant Aveo, he knows that Shawn is his first master."

Si Mr. Grey ay dating servant ni Shawn? At wala man lang sinabi sa akin ang walang hiyang parrot ko?

"Dad, if you know that Aliya is my Amore, why are you setting me up with Magnolia Fuentes?"

"To spice up your life, son. It will be a boring affair if there is no third party involved. I believe you will still end up with your Amore no matter what," nakangiti na sabi ni Zaius.

"If you are a powerful god, will you tell us kung sino ang nagbabanta sa buhay ni Aliya? Can you help us?"

"I can't, son. Just stay with your Amore while you still have the time," sabi ni Zaius na biglang naglaho.

Shawn remained quiet because of his father's revelation. Kahit ako ay bahagyang nagulat dahil si Shawn pala ang unang god of air. Aristraeus is right all along about his theory.

"You mentioned that two elemental gods had their weddings last night. Is it Kane and Mackenzie?" tanong ni Shawn after ng ilang minutong katahimikan.

"The god of earth, Mackane Benavides and also the god of water, Avery Silvestre."

"Kayo lang ni Blaze ang naiwan dito?"

Tumango lang ako kay Shawn. If the Reaper King appeared before me, it is possible that one of his children also approached Arthos to warn him.

"Hindi ko alam kung sino ang sinasabi ng daddy ko na nagbabanta sa buhay mo. Wala din akong alaala ng nakaraan ko bilang si Azura. Isa lang lang ang alam ko, you are in grave danger. You have a supernatural assassin who wants to take your soul. It is time to call your red-haired colleague."

"Si Blaze?"

"Yes, but I believe we still have some unfinished business," nakangiti na sabi ni Shawn sabay hila ang sa kamay ko papunta sa cabin.

"Unfinished business which requires us to take off our clothes?"

"Aliya, you know that I can make love to you even with our clothes on," sagot ni Shawn sabay kindat sa akin.

Kung sino man ang may maitim na balak sa akin, saka ko na iisipin 'yon. Ang mas importante sa akin ay si Shawn ngayon...