13 - Water - Distilled

(POV Chaz)

Alam ko na maraming lalaki ang dumaan sa kamay ni Avery Silvestre. And yet, I can't help but to feel that her last statement is genuine.

I found myself kissing her back. Her soft chests are pressed on mine at hindi na napigilan ng kamay ko na yakapin siya. Her smooth skin is driving me mental. I want to own her at this very moment. An astronomical lust that is beyond comprehension.

Bigla siya bumitaw at lumayo sa akin. She sat on the sofa in front of me at wala man lang siyang pakialam kahit wala siyang kahit anong damit.

I almost gasped when she shed a tear. A sparkling tear that looks like a precious gemstone. Bumagsak ang mga luha niya sa sofa and it solidified like a bluish diamond. It reminds of an anime where the character's tears turned into pearl.

A vampire witch with tears made of diamond? Who the fuck is this girl?

Hindi ko alam kung ano ang una ko iisipin. Ang luha niya na nagiging diamante, ang biglaan niyang pag-iyak ng walang dahilan o ang hubad niyang katawan sa harapan ko.

I decided to remove my coat and covered her body first. Mas mabuti na ito para mas makapag isip ako ng derecho. I can't think straight if this otherworldly creature is in front of me.

"Avery... Ano ka ba talaga?" tanong ko sa kanya at umupo ako sa katapat niya na sofa.

"I am the goddess of water," she said with a faint smile.

"Goddess of water? What kind of water? Fresh water? Salt water? No, let me guess. Distilled water?" natatawa ko na sagot sa kanya.

She just pouted her lips like a kid at bigla akong inirapan. Wala na ang kinky na side ni Avery, it was replaced by her sad and lonely version.

She expects me to believe that she is indeed a goddess?

"I have been living for thousands of years, but I came from The Old City or the realm of the gods."

"Really huh? Are you saying na sa Old City nakatira ang mga gods and goddesses na tulad mo?"

Chaz, be nice to her. She is a superhuman with mystic powers. 

Thanks to her, your brother can now walk.

Tinuro ni Avery ang glass table sa pagitan namin. Biglang may lumabas na stream of water from her index finger tips papunta sa table. My jaw almost dropped when the water floated as if it has a mind of its own. It slowly turned into a miniature dolphin in water form.

"This is Dolphy. She is my friend and my constant companion," sabi ni Avery sabay turo sa dolphin.

"Dolphy! Dolphy! Dolphy!" sagot ng nagsasalita na dolphin made of water na lumulutang sa harapan namin.

"Dolphy, please show Chaz kung ano ang itsura ng Old City."

Tumango lang ang dolphin at it suddenly changed its form. It created a small replica of a city made of water.

"This is the Old City. All of the gods live here, but only the four elemental gods such as me can traverse to the human world for a long time. Ang iba, saglit lang sila pwedeng mag stay dito."

"Are you some sort of an angel?"

"Chaz, hindi ka nakikinig. I am the goddess of water. I can command water at my will. I exist to keep the balance in this world. The angels that you are referring to are called Guardians. They live in a different realm closer to the Creator. Some low level immortals are also in the Old City tulad ng mga tinatawag niyong guardian angels, reapers at cupids."

"Are you trying to tell me that there are other gods aside from you?"

"Yes, Chaz. The human world is complex and yet it is perfect. The humans are living in this world harmoniously. Isipin mo na lang na ang mga gods sa Old City ay mga subordinates ng Creator to ensure that the human world will run smoothly."

"Let us say that you are indeed the water goddess. Bakit mo ko hinahabol? Why did you help my brother?"

"Because I love you, Chaz..." she said with teary eyes.

I love you? This girl is getting crazy by the minute...

"Love me? You are really insane. We just met a few hours ago---"

"Chaz, you are the love of my life!" sigaw niya sa akin.

"Am I now?"

She's the goddess of water and now I am the love of her life?

"Chaz, we are not allowed to fall in love with any human being. But once in our immortal lives, we are fated to meet our true love. A person that will cause our downfall and will bring about the end of our existence. And that, person is you, Chaz! Alam ko na ikaw 'yon!"

"How did you know it was me? Come on, Avery. I know I am fucking gorgeous. Baka naman na-attract ka lang sa akin kanina?"

"Don't be such an overconfident prick. I met handsome men hundreds of years ago, but the attraction that I felt towards you is different."

"Different to the point that you want to spend your night with me?"

Avery just nodded and looked down. Hindi ito ang inaasahan ko na reaction ng isang popular international model.

"Ang sabi mo, I am capable of destroying you. Can you please enlighten me on that?" tanong ko ulit sa kanya.

"It means that we need to get married. If you will not return my love for you, I will slowly turn into mortal and then I will die. I don't want to know what would happen if the goddess of water would perish," mahinang sagot niya sa akin.

That's probably the reason why she is crying. She knows that I don't want to be with her and I don't want to marry her kaya siya umiiyak.

She'll die because of unrequited love...

"Chaz... I am not the type of being who gives up easily. I will do my best for you to love me," sabi niya na biglang tinanggal ang coat ko na nakacover sa kanya.

"And using your body is your best weapon?"

"I can just compel you to marry me, but it does not work that way."

The naked Avery is now walking towards me. Dahil sa sinabi niya about her brief background, sigurado na ako na isang magical creature ang babaeng ito.

Magical pero baliw nga lang...