19 - Earth - Other gods

(POV Macky)

Breathe in, breathe out. Panaginip lang ang lahat. Hindi totoo ang mga nangyayari. Kane's magical hand is just a hallucination. Maybe my mind is playing a trick on me.

"Macky, are you chanting some weird encantation? Why are you murmuring something whilst your eyes are closed?"

Pagmulat ng mata ko, Kane's face is just inches away from mine's eyeing me curiously. Ngumiti lang sa akin si Kane at nagslice ng cake. Nagulat na lang ako nang bigla niya ako sinubuan ng cake. Para tuloy akong bata na pinapakain pa niya.

"Go on, Macky, fire it up. Ask me the questions that I know are racing in your mind," Kane muttered condescendingly.

"Uhmmm Kane, why are you not allowed to fall in love with any human?"

"Falling in love with a human, is my doom, the end of my existence, the death of me," malungkot na sabi ni Kane.

Kaya ba mga flings at casual hook ups lang ang alam ko sa kanya? Kapag na-inlove siya, mamamatay siya?

"What do you mean that you will die?" tanong ko ulit sa kanya.

"I am an immortal god. Once I fell in love with a human being, I will lose all my powers and I will become a mortal. I would probably last a few weeks and then would cease to exist. My body would then vanish, and will turn into a non being, which is to say everything".

"Sino naman may sabi sa iyo niyan? At anong klaseng god ka ba? Don't tell me god of flowers ka?"

"That is our one absolute law, we are forbidden to fall in love with a mortal. I am an elemental god, earth is my domain,I am the god of earth. Anything that lives and roams the land bends at my will. The nature is my sphere of influence".

That explains his awkward inclination with plants and animals.

"Now I'm confused,you mentioned that you are the god of earth. Does that mean may god of fire, water and air?"

"Yeah, they are here in the world of human too," casual na paliwanag ni Kane na kumakain naman ng ice cream.

"It means you are old. How old? Like thousands of years old?"

"I think so. I have been existing since time immemorial. I, together with the three other elemental gods are tasked to maintain the balance of the human world"

"May gods pa ba aside inyong apat? Like gods of thunder parang si Thor or gods of war parang si Ares?"

"There are lots of gods, Macky, but the highest being is the Supreme Creator. We, the elemental gods are classified as major gods, while those Thor and Ares you mentioned are minor gods. They have superhuman abilities, that they can use to help maintain balance in this world. They are like, the Supreme Creator's minions".

"So may god of thunder nga?"

"You are watching too much Marvel flicks. Oo, meron nga. Masaya ka na?"

Ngumiti lang ako kay Kane. I can't believe what he is telling me pero masaya akong pinapakinggan ang kwento niya.

"Balik tayo sa "absolute law" na sinasabi mo, Is there any loophole perchance that the absolute law can be thwarted?" tanong ko sa kanya habang nag slice uli ng isa pang cake.

"Actually there is. Kapag nainlove ako, that person needs to reciprocate my feelings. Both of us need to get married in the Old City or the city of gods."

"Geez, ang dali naman pala ng sagot sa problema mo."

"Easy? We are talking about my life here, Macky."

"Mackane Benavides or god of earth or maging sino ka man, just so you know, hindi ka mahirap mahalin. You are handsome, smart, rich and gentleman. Kahit sinong babae ay hindi mahihirapan na mahalin at tanggapin ka.

"How about you, Mackenzie? Can you accept the real me?" tanong niya sa akin na walang halong biro.

May idea na ako na may tinatagong malalim na sikreto si Kane noon pa. Pero kahit ganun pa man, tinanggap ko siya ng buong puso dahil kaibigan ko siya...

Dahil kaibigan ko siya or dahil mahal ko siya?