Chapter Eight: One Night, One Dream, One Chance

Start from the beginning

But being the drama queen I am, I had to go ruin the best thing I had ever had in my entre life. He was gone now.

"And our next performance is a mystery person... Please welcome him to the stage!" The announcer, Greg Lance said into the mic, before running off the stage. The next act entered the stage, but I didn't pay any attention, my focus was on Caleb's whereabouts. Why wasn't he here? He said he'd be here!

"Good evening everybody." The deep, husky voice broke through the eery silence of the cafe and I instantly sent my eyes in his direction.

Caleb.

What was he doing on stage? I thought, incredulously.

The glaring beam of the spotlight shone down on his form and I felt my eyes go wide. He looke dso handsome in his black dress pants and button shirt. He was squinting against the bright light, but his eyes were searching the room, before landing on me.

"Okay, folks, I definitely was not supposed to be on the agenda, but I"m going to perform a song for you guys." He moved the guitar he was holding in his hand and laid it gently on his knee, before looking back up. "I've been told I'm not tone deaf, so I thought 'What the heck'?" He joked, instantly the room filled with appreciative chuckles.

"Okay, I'm actually on this stage to sing for the girl I love. She's her tonight and she definitely knows I love her, but I can tell you now, she doesn't know how much." 'Aww's' chorused from the crowd as tey searched the room for the girl he was about to perform for.

"I know you're all wondering who it is, and I also know she would hate me for pointing her out. So, all I can say is that she is the most beautiful girl here tonight, and I would do anything for her." He looked me right in the eye as he spoke his next words. "This one's for you, Sweeheart."

"Holy cucumbers..." I whispered, a hand against my mouth as his fingers began to delicately strum the strings on his acoustic guitar.

Would you dance, if I asked you to dance?

Would you run, and never look back?

Would you cry, if you saw me crying?

Would you save my soul, tonight?

Would you tremble, if I touched your lips?

Would you laugh, oh please tell me this?

Now would you die, for the one you loved?

Hold me in your arms, tonight.

I can be you hero baby,

I can kiss away the pain.

I will stand by you forever,

You can take my breath away.

He kept his eyes on me as he sung Enrique Iglesias' 'Hero'. Even though I could feel the gaze of many people as they stared at me in wonder, awe and probably some jealousy, I felt the lone tear that I had waited to shed ever since the night Caleb and I became nothing.

Would you swear, that you'll always be mine?

Or would you lie, would you run and hide?

Am I too deep, have I lost my mind?

I don't care, you're here to night.

His deep, velvety voice did wonders to me as I closed my eyes and swayed my body from side to side in my chair, I sniffed a little and Jenny put her arm around my shoulders. I leant my head on her shoulder and opened my eyes once more, connecting them with Caleb's, letting myself get lost in the depth of them and letting the music lull me into a blissful state.