SNEAK PEEK

8 Years Later...

AMARAH

"I don't swallow plan B. I just swallow the nut,"I rapped along to Cardi B's voice.

Janiya giggled as she watched me take a sip from the bottle. I haven't drank in days, and this was hitting every spot.

"Who nut you swallowing?...not mine,"Jordan whispered in my ear.

I pushed his head away, "Move nigga! Ya always in ma space."

The room was quiet. Tension was thick between Jordan and I. We had a falling out a few days ago. I wouldn't speak to him over some stupid shit I told him not to do. Jordan doesn't listen very well though, and I'm starting to get annoyed.

Alayah walked in the room. She heard the music and immediately started dancing. I rolled my eyes. These bitches so ghetto.

"Pick it up, now break that shit down,"Alayah sung as she dropped into a split on the floor.

"Alayah!"Janiya shouted loudly. "You aren't the only person in here."

"Nah, Terrence like what he seeing."

"Baby boy,"Alayah laughed. "You couldn't handle all of-"She grabbed her ass and made it jiggle, "-this."

The door to my room swung open. Alayah jumped up off of the floor. I held the bottle in my hand. My parents already weren't fond of me, so I wasn't stressing.

My mama busted out laughing, "You're real fucking funny Amarah...Get these people out of my house."

"Hi auntie!"

"I'm still tellin PJ exactly what you was doing little girl."

The door slammed shut. Terrence, Janiya, and Alayah quickly got their things. Alayah was everyone's ride home, so she had enough time to think of a lie to tell uncle PJ.

I sat the bottle down and started to clean up my room.

Jordan threw his head back on my bed. He played with his fingers as he stared at the ceiling. I picked up the ash tray Terrence left on my floor. I would kill his ass for messing up my room.

"It's crazy how you talk just like your father. My dad and I don't get along. We can't share anything but oxygen in the air."

I turned my head towards him, "What tha hell are ya still doing hea'?"

"We gotta talk baby..."

"I told ya I'm done. Ya crossed tha line when ya told everybody we was ta'getha na'."

"We are togeth-"

"Jordan what do ya not understand? Yea' we might smoke, drink, and fuck, but that don't mean I love ya. That mean ya worthy enough ta have ma time."

"Marah, can you stop? Can you please just take this seriously for one second? I've taken so much time off of training just to be with you. I'm not even supposed to be smoking or drinking but I do it because I love you. I fucking love you Amarah. Can you please just take me seriously for two seconds?"

I sighed, "Jordan I've been meaning ta tell ya something fa a few days na'. I didn't want ya make ya so excited cause I already made a decision. I'm p-"

"Didn't ya mama tell ya ta get ya friends outta hea'?"My daddy asked.

"I was just leaving Mr. Harper."

"Jordan!"I called after him.

"Have a nice day lil nigga,"My daddy mumbled as Jordan walked out of the door. He turned towards me. "So ya like classy niggas na'? That nigga look like Carlton and Randall had a baybeh."

I giggled, "Daddy that's not funny. He's a very nice boy."

"Speaking of Randall, ya watching This is Us ta'night? Or ya going ta eat lobster with ya lil Cardall?"

"Who?"

"Ya see what I did? I put Carlton and Randall ta'getha. Ya daddy a genius."

"Okay ya dismissed."

"Is ya coming ta watch TV or not? I needa ta kna befo' I make tha twins take tha couch."

"Danny and Phrey are 6...they should not be watching that show."

"Are ya a parent?"

I choked on my spit.

"Amarah Harper..."

"Daddy what do I look like? I'm sixteen. I just wanna write music and focus. Ion want na kids."

"That's right. If I found out ya letting that boujee nigga take advantage of ya, I'm sending him to Philly. I'an playin with ya."

"That's tha last thing I'm do-"

"So we lying now?"Nala popped in.

I shot her a look that said "Bitch I'll kill you. Say something else."

She smiled and continued her journey to the living room. Danny and Phrey ran after her. I rolled my eyes. They were so annoying. I'm not fond of kids, especially them. They cause to much trouble in my life.

"Andre! Your kids about to lose their life! They ate all my yogurt!"My mama shouted.

"Ya mama get on ma-"

"Oh hell nah! Danny I told you not to eat my stuff! You're daddy going to whoop you cause if I did...boy you would be floating in space somewhere. Andre!"

He gave me a slick smile, and ran down the hallway. I giggled and walked back into my room. It was a mess. I had clothes thrown around, ash trays everywhere, bottles were lying on the carpet. My friends never made an effort to help.

My phone rang loudly. Lil Bebe filled my ears. I rolled my eyes and looked at the phones. Jordan's smile spread across the screen.

"Helluh?"I asked.

"Can you at least talk to me? I don't want to play this game again."

"Jordan, I told ya. That shit wasn't cool. I forgive ya but that's it. We nothin."

"Marah please baby. You want me to talk in my accent?"He asked. I giggled softly. "Please talk ta me bayeeebeeeee."

"Ya fucking terrible Jordan."

"I love ya bayeeebbb-"

A loud screech hit my phone. I pulled it away from my ear. I heard a few screams, but nothing came from Jordan.

"Jordan?"I whispered. "Jordan baybeh? Ya there?"

The phone was dead silent. I screamed into the phone as I heard the silence. The world around me disappeared as the sirens filled my ears.

Jordan didn't ever respond...