Chapter 7

KATHRYN

"You don't mean that,"I mumbled.

Tears started to stream down my cheeks. I didn't mean to insult him in any way. I didn't know he was in that situation. I didn't know anything about him at all.

"I got the car started. Go back to the hospital,"He spoke.

He let the hood down on his car. I wiped my tears. He looked down at me. A small smile left his mouth.

"You're a piece of work rich chick,"He said.

I smiled at him. I was going to let that comment slide. I just hurt his feelings. I got out of the car.

"Where ya get this car from ma'?" He asked.

"Well that's a long story...let's just say we need to be back at the hospital in..."I looked at my phone, "...15 minutes."

"A'ight, follow me. Ya take a damn hou' ta get ova hea',"He said.

I flicked him off. I got in the car. He pulled off in front of me. I started the car and drove off. We ended up getting to the hospital quickly. He did some illegal stuff and had us there early.

Just as I pulled in the lady who's car I had came walking out.

"Oh ma'am, I pulled the car around for you! Please have a wonderful day!"I said.

She smiled and took the keys. Hopefully she ain't notice her gas tank was on E. As she pulled off I got in the car with Andre.

"Where to now?"I asked.

"Ya gon get ya ass back in that hospital bed na'. Ya know ya almost fell out earlier. I'on want tha problem again. So gon on and get in thea'."

"Andre I'm hungry,"I whined.

He rolled his eyes. I rolled my eyes back. I felt a slight pop on my hands.

"Stop copyin' me."

"Did you have to hit me though? You ain't my father little boy."

"Where ya wanna go ma'?"He asked.

"Yay!" I squealed. "I think I want some Wendy's...wait no maybe Steak-n-Shake."

"A'ight. We can go thea. I'an had that in a hot minute,"He spoke.

"Wait I think I want Chick-Fil-A..."I whispered.

"Chick-Fil-A cost ta much. We goin ta Steak-n-Shake."

"Where ya wanna go ma'?"I mocked him. "I have money,"I said.

"Let me see it," He said.

I reached into my pocket and acted like I was searching for my card. I looked in my bra, shoes, pockets, hair, phone case. I put my hands down my pants.

"That's enough ma'. Don't nobody wanna smell that. Ya ain't got na' money,"He said laughing.

"My pocketbook smells great. Thank you very much."

"Whatever."

I reached towards the radio. I put it on 107.5. This was the only station that played music I knew. I was in a coma for two months. I didn't know music would change that much.

A little piece of paper stuck to his windshield. I took it off and began to read it.

Dear Daddy,

You are extemiely ugoly. I still luv you.

                                             Sinceely,
                                                       Marah