Chapter 16

A month later

KATHRYN

"Mommy I want the lucky charms,"Amarah said in the store. She grabbed the Cinnamon Toast Crunch and placed them back on the shelf. "I hate Cinnamon Toast Crunch. They don't even taste like toast, or cinnamon. They don't even crunch mommy."She said as she reached for the Lucky Charms.

I rolled my eyes, "Little girl we didn't come to the store to talk about your cereal opinions. Now put that cereal back in my cart...I'ma eat it."

"Okay whatever,"She sassed and dropped the box back in the buggy.

I gave her a look. She smiled at me and continued to walk down the aisle looking for things to put in the buggy. She wanted to go grocery shopping so bad, I decided to take her. I ain't know she was going to wild out on the groceries.

"Mommy you want the diet coffee or the regular one?"She asked.

"There's no diet coffee Marah. It's decaf."

She held up both of the packages, "Okay so which one?"

"I don't drink cof-"

"Definitely the regular,"I heard a voice say.

I turned around and saw Lillian looking at the cereals. She was smiling at me. I laughed and smiled back. I haven't seen her since she quit. I had no clue why she quit, but it's her life.

She wore a adidas track suit with some nike slides. Her hair was pulled up in a high pony tail. She had on little makeup but it made her look absolutely beautiful

"Lillian! Hey girl how you doing?"I asked.

She moved her basket and I could see the little pudge beginning to form, "Is pregnant an answer?"

"Lillian! You're having a baby!"I shouted.

She smiled and held her stomach. She was grinning from ear to ear. She was very young, but I was happy for her. A child brings immense joy to anyone and I know she'll love him or her.

"Yes I am,"She laughed. "Speaking of babies, who's this cutie?"

"I'm sure you remember Andre. This is his daughter Amarah," I looked at Amarah. She had her arms crossed. "Say hello to Ms. Lillian, Marah."

Amarah looked her up and down, "Drake said checks over stripes."

"Excuse me?"Lillian asked.

"Uncle Phrey said if you wear adidas you're on Kanye's side and Kanye is crazy. Is you crazy?"Amarah asked.

I hit Amarah's shoulder. This child did not just...Phrey and I would have to have a serious talk. This child can't be saying stuff like that to people.

"I'm so sorry. Her uncle is a character and she takes after him very much," I said.

"Well I better get going. I have class later on,"She smiled. "It was nice seeing you Kathryn." She bent down to Amarah's level, "and it was nice meeting you Amarah."

"Mhmm,"Amarah said.

I rolled my eyes. Lillian walked off. Amarah threw the decaf coffee in the buggy. I laughed. Amarah was the pettiest person I ever met.

"That lady had on adidas clothes and Nike shoes. Who let her come out the house like that!"Amarah shouted.

I placed my hand over my head. She was around Humphrey for way to long. PJ probably contributed to it as well, but I knew Humphrey did most, if not all the damage.

"Uncle Phrey said 'Never mix match brands or I'll beat you'. He gon beat you mommy because you wearing puma slides and a Nike tank top."

"Amarah hush lil girl. You want me to call your father?"