Chapter 4

ANDRE

"Y'all, I can't help tanight. I gotta go check on Kath-"

"Yo Dre! Yo ass don't een know that bitch! You layin up wit ha' like that's ya girl. She married nigga,"Phrey shouted.

I looked at PJ. Him and Marah were cooking in tha kitchen. I guess she could stay hea while I got ta tha hospital.

"Bye 'Phrey. If ya can bring Marah back ta tha hospital lata on,"I mumbled.

I slammed tha door behind me. I heard Phrey shoutin shit. He so damn dramatic. I got in tha car and began to speed down ta the hospital. It was in tha city, and it was traffic hours.

My phone began ta ring. I looked at tha calla ID. It was tha county jail. I already kna what was up. My mama was in jail fa violatin ha probation. Thats not ma problem. When I was 18, she did some shit and ended up in jail. I had all ma college fund, and the money I had saved up fa Marah mama and I ta get a house. I ended up using that ta pay ha bail and get ha a lawyer. Only fa ha ta go ta prison fa three fuckin yea's. Na' I'm stuck with na money, na degree, and na baby mama. All because ma mama wanted ta do somethin stupid.

I kind of shook ma head at the thought. Still couldn't believe I was hea. I turned ma phone off. The song 'Boo'd Up' came on tha radio.

"Na' I'm ti'ed of this bullshit. This tha only song they got ta play or some?"I asked out loud.

The radio be wearin sonhs tha fuck out. That's why I can't listen ta it constantly. I can't pay fa a Bluetooth system, but if I could, I would.

The hospital gates opened up ta' let me in. I grabbed tha balloons I had bought. They better stay inflated fa fucking eva. These shits was $12. That's ta much money fa some balloons. Tha girl did give ha life fa me though.

I went through all the security measures. They had metal detectas, security, and two ID checks. It was a little much, but they don't want nobody coming in hea tryna shoot it up again. I agree with all this, because then we end up with situations like Kathryn.

Ha room door was slightly cracked. I heard tha tv playing softly. I knocked.

"Darnell I swear to God if you come check on me agai-"

"It's not Darnell ma'. It's Andre."

I opened tha door without her permission. She was pickin at tha wires on tha machines. I remember I used ta do that. I hated all them wires on ma body. It felt like I was connected ta way ta many things.

"Who are you?"She asked looking up at me.

"The nurse told me ya don't remember three weeks befa tha incident,"I laughed placing the balloons down.

"I wish somebody would fucking tell me what happened. I've been awake for a good 8 hours and I still don't know shit,"She mumbled.

"You needa watch ya mouth. Ya was always cussing durin the coma,"I laughed.

"Sorry, I'm just frustrated. It's the medicines, and stuff. I promise I don't always act like this,"She apologized.

"Na' ma' ya good. I understand them meds have ya fucked up in tha head,"I said.

I walked ova ta ha board and signed it. That was anotha thing, ya gotta sign in every time ya leave and go.

"So who are you?"She said with a slight smirk.

"Nah, don't look at me like that. Ya got a husband,"I chuckled.

"Boy don't nobody want you. You ugly anyways,"She laughed.