Chapter 23

Before I even start the chapter...let me just begin with there will be a time skip. The time skip is because I didn't want to drag the wedding process out. Also I don't want to drag this book out even longer. This book is actually done, except I'll write the happy/sad ending. The next book will be based on Amarah. I'll explain more at the end of this chapter. If you like making characters this is your chance!!! Make sure you read until the end of the chapter to understand.

Anyways enjoy 🙂

-2Q

*****************************************
A year and a half later...

KATHRYN

"You're big ass should've tried to get the dress fitted,"Riley mumbled.

She pulled at the zipper on Zambia's dress. Zamia rolled her eyes. Her belly was defying the odds. We bought these bridesmaids dresses a few months back. No one knew Zamia would gain so much weight.

"Leave my baby alone. She's eating for two,"PJ announced as he walked into the room.

He had on a nice tuxedo that fit him very well. PJ was fine as wine. I won't even lie. When I first met PJ I would've never guessed he wasn't into females.

"400 calories more,"Riley and I complained at the same time.

"She only needs 400 more calories on top of her diet. This child eat about 2,000,"Riley joked.

PJ leaned into Zamia's ear, "This why yo ass should've been friends with strippers."

"Papi Johns! Get out!"Marah shouted.

She came out of the closet and showed off her dress. I smiled. Amarah had grown up within the past year. She acts more like a child, than an adult. Don't get me wrong, she still act like an adult. She's just more calm and to herself.

We changed her schools a few months back. Her and Layah were dramatically changed. Layah made many friends. The teachers love her, but Amarah was having a tough time. Amarah is amazing around other kids. She doesn't talk to many kids, and she doesn't like her teachers. I hated that she had to move, but we knew it was for the best.

"Hush niña. Where's your cousin?"PJ asked.

Amarah rolled her eyes, "Probably talking to her best friend."

"Little girl, watch your tone. Don't make me go get your father. I'm not playing this shit today Amarah."

Zamia pulled her in for a hug, "Don't talk to my baby like that Kat."

"Amarah needa lose that attitude. She about to be eight, not eighteen."

PJ nodded in agreement. I lied. Amarah has gotten worse. Well she has her days. I hate that I have to play the bad parent act, but Andre refuses to do it. He won't treat his baby girl badly. I told him I don't care what she is. Amarah is too young to be talking back. If this was me, my parents would've smacked me into next year.