Chapter 9

KATHRYN

"Don't let this shit happen again Kathryn," Darnell mumbled.

He placed the hospital covers over me. I rolled my eyes. He was so 'worried'. Apparently he came into the room to kiss me goodnight, which he never do, and he saw I was gone. I'm about to take him off the visitors list. He's not my husband.

"Listen Kathryn. Things like this can get the hospital a lawsuit. You forgot three weeks before the incident, not your whole memory. Stop acting like you forgot everything. You know how I a-"

"Who the fuck is this bitch Darnell?"I shouted at him.

"Stop screaming baby. This my cousin wife. Her name is Laurel."

"You really think I believe that bullshit? Boy don't fucking try me!"

"Kathryn, you're overreacting,"He mumbled under his breath.

I rolled my eyes as hard as I could. I was going through some of my things at the house. I was moving out within the next week. While searching for my shit I found a phone. A trap phone, with a whole bunch of bitches in it.

"Who the fuck is Risha?"I shouted, "You fucking with bitches named Risha?"

"Calm down Kathryn. I'm not gonna tell you agai-"

I grabbed the phone and threw it at his head. He caught it easily. I hate the fact that his ass used to play football. I could've taken him out with one good hit.

He began to grab a suitcase packing my shit. I snatched it back. This is MY house as much as it is his. We went half on the house. Then we went half on the bills. I made enough money to pay for half of this shit. He made enough money to pay for this times three.

Darnell was the head of the surgery department of the ER. He also wrote three books, taught as a professor, and did TV appearances. He was really known around these parts.

We lived next to high class rich people like Tyler Perry, Nene Leakes, Teyana Taylor, and Amber Rose. He knew a lot of them. I didn't because they're all really snobby.

"Put my fucking shit down! I hate you! I hate you so fucking m-"

"You gotta go Kathryn. I'm sorry but it's time for you to leave. I'm not put-"

"That's why we getting a fucking divorce bitch! Fuck this fucking marriage! You've been nothing but boring and unfaithful! Fuck you!"I shouted.

"Stop cussing. The neighborhood can hear you,"He whispered.

I went over to the window. I stuck my head out.

"Can y'all hear me now? That's right I said fuck Darnell Stevens. He cheated on me with dirty bitches and shit! This the man y'all let take y'all organs out and shit!"I screamed.

Lights began to turn on in other houses. One of our neighbors was sitting on the porch. Her head snapped towards my direction so fast. She took out her phone as I continued to shout.

"Kathryn! Get back in this house!"He shouted.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me back in. I shouted out some more words. By now the whole neighborhood was awake listening to my indecency.

He looked me in my eyes. I grabbed the collar to his shirt. Wow Darnell was fine. I won't even lie. His dark skin complimented his light colored eyes. His hair was little grey but that's because of the stress. To be this old he looked great. Black really don't crack.