Chapter 24

SOOOO my dumbass realized I miss counted the chapters. This means y'all will get another chapter, epilogue, and a sneak peak to the sequel. I was really set on ending this book😂.

That's all I have to say. 🙂BYEEEE y'all

 🙂BYEEEE y'all

A classic

********************************

ANDRE

"A tumor?"Kathryn whispered.

"Yes, about a month ago Humphrey came to the ER with a terrible migraine. We ran some test and found a tumor. He knew, but I'm assuming he never mentioned this to anyone."

"I want to hurt him..."PJ calmly stated.

"We tried to resuscitate him, but we abided by his medical wishes. We're very sorry for the loss of your husband, sir."

Tears began to flow out of PJ's eyes. Kathryn wrapped her arms around him as she cried too. I kept my composure. I had to be strong for my brother. He would've done the same thing for me.

Nobody knew Phrey was sick. He hid this from us for a whole month. He wrote his medical wishes by himself. He pranced around town like nothing was wrong. I never would've guess it. I just wish I did.

"We need you to sign off the papers Mr. Harper."

PJ looked up. I looked at the doctor too. Phrey and I had the same last name, so PJ has the same last name. I knew PJ needed a moment to process everything. I needed one too, but PJ and Phrey were so close. I could never imagine losing somebody who meant so much.

"I'll do it,"I whispered.

"No, I'll do it."

The doctor handed the papers to PJ. PJ's hand shook as he signed off. Humphrey's name was in bold letters at the top. PJ's tear fell, and it smeared the hum in his name.

"If you would like to say any final words his room number is 256. I'm sure Kathryn can take you there."

Kathryn nodded. She grabbed PJ's hand, and they walked to the room in silence. I looked at the wall. Of course Phrey's picture was plastered against it. I smiled as I remember the day he was banned from visiting.

"I oughta slap tha fuck outta yo black ass,"I mumbled.

"Nigga! I told them I wasn't gon shoot nobody. Ion know why they was trippin. They some fuckin pigs I swe-"

"YA BROUGHT A FUCKING GUN TA THE HOSPITAL! NOW YA CAN'T COME BACK!"I shouted.

Phrey looked around.

"Who tha fuck ya talking ta like that nigga? I'm not yo bitch Dre."

"Maybe if ya stopped actin like one I wouldn't have ta treat ya like it. Now get tha fuck outta ma car."