Chapter 46

I let out a long sigh. "I forgive you. I can't continue to go on hating you I need to live my life and take care of my daughter and Aug..."

"Yo daughter?" He cut me off.

"Yes Cortez my daughter."

"Damn....I always thought it be me to impregnate you. I'm sure she is beautiful."

"She is. I hope you're not looking for a pity party because you're not getting one. I forgave you that's all you're getting."

"I deserve that. I appreciate that and once again I'm sorry for everything I've put you through."

"Yea."

"Ight Aunjel take care."

"I will. You take care as well."

"Ight."

I hung up the phone feeling somewhat free. I had closed that chapter in my life and I felt I had some closure. I hope my daddy's proud at me.

"Who was that Aunie?" Ky asked.

I sighed. "It was Cortez."

"What the hell did he want?"

"To apologize..."

"Did you except?"

I paused for a long time because I was afraid of how she'd react when I tell her. "Yea."

"What?! Why?"

"Because I need to live my and take care of my daughter. Not be angry for the rest of my life. I mean I'm hurt but my anger won't bring him back."

"Wow Aunie you got a big heart. That was very adult of you."

"Yea. I hope my daddy's proud of me."

"He is Aunie."

~~~Graduation Day, August~~~

I laid down on the bed with my hands in my pants as I watched Aunjel get dressed.

She turned around. "Nigga get yo hands out yo pants!"

"I ain't playing with it tho ma'." I laughed.

"Still baby." She laughed.

"You look nice in ya lil white dress. Looking pure nshit." I got up and wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her neck.

"Aug stop." She giggled.

"I'm proud of you ma'."

"Thank you baby."

"I wish I could walk cross the stage with you."

"I know baby. You can always go back. You know I'll be rooting for you when you do."

"I know ma'." I kissed her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Aunjel~~~

Me, Aug, Sam, and Ky pulled into the parking lot of our high school. People were standing around laughing an talking waiting to be lined up. I was nervous as a bitch because my speech was probably going to be at the very beginning before they said names.

Not too long after we lined up in alphabetical order and followed the principal onto the field. We elegantly took our seats and listened to the opening party of the ceremony.

"It was an honor to be the principal of this school. In the past few years I've seen these students that sit before me today grow from playful, young, yet scared freshman to intelligent and sophisticated young adults. I hope that this day is and always will be a day to remember. Congratulations class of 2011! Now to lead us in the rest of the ceremony, our valedictorian, 4.0 grade average student...Aunjel Marie Graziana."

I walked to the podium letting the sounds of applause and screaming feel my ears. "Thank you Principal Sherry. Today is a day that we dream of as well as our parents dream of. As soon as we leave the womb they scrap and scrape every penny to make sure we get an education. Weather it's lunch money or college money they make sure we have some type of money to fund our education. It's sad that some of our parents can't be here. Maybe they're locked up, at work, or maybe they passed on. I know one thing is for sure they want us to do good for ourselves and learn life lessons. In this pass year I've learned a lot of lessons, one of them mainly being forgiveness. It takes a person with a big heart to forgive and with a big heart you can conquer the world. I'm not gonna hold us up any longer and I'm kinda running out of words so what I'm trying to say is....CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2011 WE DID IT!!!"

With the sound of cheering ringing through my ears, I exited the stage and took my seat.

"....Aunjel Marie Graziana!"

I jumped out of my seat and walked to the podium to get my diploma. Who would have thought after all the stuff I been through I still managed to get my diploma. My daddy would be so proud.

"No matter what your circumstances is, if you really want something you can go and get it. It's there and it's yours."

With love,

Signed, Aunjel 💋

THE END

What y'all think?

I know it was prolly kinda crappy but I wanted to hurry up and update.

Whelp. This is the end of this book but I'm working on a sequel 'SMALL GIRL, AUG'S WORLD' it's the same characters basically. PLEASE ADD IT TO YOUR LIBRARY!!!

Thanks for reading!!!

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE 😘😘😘