Chapter 25

~~~Friday, Aunjel~~~

It was already Friday. I talked Aug and he told me the funeral would be tomorrow. I was staying with my mother tonight and Saturday. So I was waiting on her to get me.

She was an hour late and I was already having second thoughts. "Arella see she late. I knew it was a mistake giving her a chance."

"Just wait a lil while longer baby doll."

"She was supposed to be here and hour ago."

I was getting mad until my phone rang. It was Aug.

"Hello?"

"What's wrong ma'?"

"My mom is an hour late baby. I wish I would have just said no."

"Chill ma'. Just wait awhile."

"Ok baby. I'll wait." I played with my hair. "How are you doing tho? I haven't seen you since your birthday. I miss you."

"I'm good baby. Thanks for asking. Not looking forward this funeral tomorrow. I still can't believe this shit." He said. "I miss you more tho ma'."

"I know. It's crazy baby."

"You still coming to the funeral ma'?"

"Yea. My mom is going to drop me off at here in the morning and I'll just come to your house and leave with you guys."

"Ight ma'. Well ima let you go. I love you."

"I love you more baby."

I hung up and sat back on the couch. I rested my arm on my over night bag. I heard a horn blow and that was my que.

"She's here Aunjel."

"Finally." I said getting up.

"Call me if you need me."

"Ok."

I gathered my things and left. I walked out to her car and got in the passenger side.

"Hey sweetie."

"Hey." I said closing the door. "I almost thought you was just not going to come."

She pulled out the driveway. "No I wasn't going to do that. I had to go and get more groceries for the house."

I looked in the backseat to see groceries. "Oh ok."

"Yea. So how are you?"

"Good I guess, I'm just worried about my boyfriend. But other than that. I'm good. How bout you?"

"I hope he's ok. But I'm good glad in spending time with my daughter."

"What about Juaquin tho? You should spend time with him too."

"That's the surprise. He's actually at my house. Him and Tammy!"

"Oh ok....."

"We're going to have a family meeting when we get there because I know y'all have a lot of questions."

"Yea we do."

The rest of the ride was silent. We finally got to her house. She lived down a dirt road in a rancher house (a long house). It seemed cozy tho. We got out the car and carried everything to the house. I walked into the house to see Juaquin and Tammy looking at TV.

"Juaquin! Tammy!" I ran over to them and gave them a hug.

"What you been up too?"

"Nothing really...I lost my daddy and my baby so I just been trying to cope with all that."