Chapter 37

I got in my car and sped to the hospital. As soon as I got there I ran through the doors and went straight to the the receptionist desk.

"I need August Alsina's room please!" I said panicking.

"Ma'am you can't go back there right now."

"Oh my fucking god! Why?!" I yelled.

"I'm not sure I'm just a receptionist but I'll definitely let them know you're up here to see him. Are you his baby moms or something?"

I looked at her funny. "Bitch that's soooo disrespectful. I'm his fucking girlfriend."

"I'm sorry ma'am. I'll let you know when you can go back there."

I rolled my eyes and sat down. I noticed mama Sheila was there as well.

I ran over to her and hugged her tightly. "Mama!"

"Hey baby." She said hugging me tightly. "Look at that belly!"

"Yea. My baby girl Melody." I said rubbing my stomach.

"That's a pretty name. I can't wait to meet my grandbaby."

"Yea I can't wait to meet her either." I said finally sitting down. "Did you hear anything from the doctors?"

"Nope. I just got here not too long ago myself."

I sunk down in my seat. I hope he's ok. I don't know what I'd do without him. I got sad and started crying.

"What's wrong baby?" Mama Sheila asked me.

"August promised me he'd never leave me." I put my hands over my face.

Mama Sheila hugged me. "I know August, my son is going to be ok baby. Aug is gone bounce back."

"I know but I worry about him all the time."

"Stop worrying about that knuckle head boy. He's going be fine. I taught him well baby. You can't stress yourself over him. You got to worry about you and Melody now."

"I know mama. I just don't want anything to happen to him. I love your son."

"I know baby I know."

I laid my head on mama Sheila's shoulder and dozed off.

~~~hours later~~~

I woke up to a tall darkskinned doctor towering over me and Mama.

"Family of August Alsina?"

"Yes?"

"August is doing ok. We removed the two bullets but he's still in slot of pain. You are welcome to see him but only one at a time."

"Wait! Why one at a time?" I said getting up.

"He's in the ICU room 216, and only one person can be in there at a time but you're able to spend the night."

"Ok..." I sat back down beside mama.

"Thank you doctor." Mama said as he walked away. "Look. I'll go in there now and after I check on him you can go and you can spend the night with him."

"You sure mama?"

"Yes baby, now go get some clothes and I'll meet you back here."

"Ok." I said as I hugged her and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Mama Sheila~~~

I went up to August's room to see him laying down flipping through channels.