Chapter 45

~~~Cortez~~~

As of right now I was sitting in this jail cell with this nigga named Joel. He muscular as shit and I hope he stay in his corner.

"Whatchu in for lil nigga?" His deep voice shook me a lil bit.

I tried not to make eye contact. I was debating on if I should tell him. "I tried...."

"Look at me when I'm talking to you lil nigga cause I got a feeling of what you did!"

I got lowkey scared. "I killed my ex girlfriend dad as payback for him shooting me in my shoulder man." Hot tears rolled down my face cause I was mad.

"And why he shoot you nigga? It gotta be a reason."

"I tried to rape his daughter man! I was drunk!" I started to hysterically cry.

"Lil nigga shut that crying shit up! You deserve to be in here. I'm in here for attempted murder. I tried killing the nigga that raped my daughter! Yo ass deserve everything that's handed yo way!" He walked circles around me. "It's always an excuse when the consequences come!"

"What did you say Mr. Anderson?"

An unfamiliar voice came to the bars that I was behind and looked at me. It was an investigator.

"Huh?" I was shaking like a stripper. The investigator must have been there talking to the cop that walked by not to long ago.

"I believe you heard me sir. Care to enlighten me on why you're in here?"

I looked back at Joel and then back at the investigator. "Man." I sighed. "I'm not saying nothing"

"It's ok you don't have to. I've heard enough. Come with me."

I sighed as I watched the cop unlock the cell.

"Good bye Rapist!" Joel snickered.

"Man I ain't no rapist!" I bucked.

"Come on tough guy!" The officer grabbed my arms violently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Aunjel~~~

A few weeks had past and it was the week of graduation finally. I was excited because out of all 275 senior students at my school they chose me to be the valedictorian. My daddy would be so proud.

"So what you got for your speech Aunjel?" Ky asked as she played with Kristinia's feet.

"Weeellll so far I got..." My pre speech got interrupted by my phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"You have a call from the Houston Regional Jail, do you except the charges?"

I sighed and ran my hand down my face. "Yea."

"Aunjel? It's...Cortez."

"I'm aware of who it is. What do you want?"

"Look I only got a lil while to talk so ima just get all this off my chest."

I swallowed hard at what he was about to say. "Ok. Go for it."

"Look I just want to apologize for everything I ever did to you. From the fights...the cheating...me taking advantage of you...everything. I'm not calling you to bail me out because I'm not getting out. They heard me confess to killing your dad...."

A tear rolled down my eye when he spoke of my father.

"I'm sorry. I know 'sorry' doesn't fix anything and it sure as hell won't bring back your dad but I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better I guess karma getting my ass finally because cause I lost my mom two weeks ago and they wouldn't let me go to her funeral. I now know what it's like to have a loved one taken from you and I'm sorry. I never wanted to put you through any of this. I just wanted you to hurt a lil bit for hurting me when you'd always talk about August but I guess I hurt you for an eternity and I'm sorry. I hope you could find it in your heart to forgive me...do you forgive me?"

Tell me what y'all think.

Now I really need y'all to COMMENT...Should she forgive him????

This is possibly the last chapter but I'm thinking bout a sequel already!!!!

COMMENT/VOTE/SHARE 😘😘😘