Chapter 3

~~~Hours later, Aunjel~~~

I was awaken suddenly by a violent knock on the door. Half sleep and hair a mess, I walked to the door and opened it.

It was Cortez. He walked in my house and slapped me causing me to fall to the floor. I held my face in pain for a few seconds. I got up and charged at him but he grabbed my arms and slammed me into the wall pinning my arms above my head.

"What the fuck is your problem Cortez?!" I yelled.

"Bitch my problem?! What the fuck is yours? I seen a nigga leave yo fucking house! Bitch I'm not dumb!" He yelled.

"So what! We are not together anymore. I was deadass when I said I was done! You need to chill! AND GET THE FUCK OUT MY FACE." I said tryna push him off.

"Naw bitch. If I can't have you no one can!" He said slamming me on the floor.

He grabbed my neck while I was on the floor and choked me. While I was gasping for air he tugged at my shorts with his free hand. I tried to fight back and kick my legs but my vison was getting blurry and my breath was shortening slowly leaving my lungs. I'm sure I was dying.

~~~August~~~

I was on my way back to Aunjel's house like I promised her I would. I pulled in her driveway to see her front door halfway open. I got out the car and somewhat creeped up to her door. Something was telling me to open the door so I did.
I opened the door to see her unconscious and being held down by some nigga. I immediately got blind sided by anger. I jumped on the guy and started swinging. I threw punches until I saw blood. I was beyond furious that this nigga was doing this shit to Aunjel.

~~~Chris~~~

I had been in chemo therapy all day with my girlfriend Arella. Little did Aunjel know Arella had been taking me to my chemo appointments and that was the reason why I was never home. I didn't want my only daughter to get sick behind me so and I never got the chance to tell her what was going on. So after I rested up at Arella's house I decided to go home to my baby girl.

Only a few minutes from home I got the strangest feeling something was happening. I hurried to my house and pulled into my driveway. I noticed that my door was open so I barged in. I walked in to see my daughter laying on the floor trying to gather her breath and two teenage boys fighting. I ran to my daughters side unnoticed by the boys and asked her what happened.

"Aunjel talk to me. It's daddy. Wake up." I said lightly tapping her face.

"What happened?"

"Cortez." She said coughing and trying to catch her breath.

I held her head up gently and reached over to the couch with my free hand to retrieve a pillow. I laid her head down gently and got up and went into the kitchen to get my gun. I came back, closed the front door quietly, and I shot my gun in the air. I got the boys attention. When my daughter told me Cortez I put my gun in my waist and charged at him slamming him against the wall. I grabbed his shirt and starred daggers in his eyes. August (yes I know who he is) went to tend to Aunjel while I roughed up Cortez.

"You got me fucked up kid. You really wanna sleep with the fishes." I said to him. My strong New York Italian accent was beginning to surface. I could feel my past trying to resurface. "I'm going to give you a 10 second run before I put a hot one between your eyes."

I threw him to the ground and watched him struggle to get up. In his struggle to get up, I shot him in the shoulder. I then walked over by him and stood towering over him.

"If anyone asks. YOU shot yourself by accident. I wouldn't even go to the police if I were you. This is considered self defense. YOU broke into my house and did GOD knows what to my daughter. You wouldn't stand a chance you little bastard."

Cortez limped out the house and I slammed the door behind him. I walked over to Aunjel who was still somewhat unresponsive.

"Oh God. Aunjel please wake back up. Call an ambulance August." I told him.

"I already did not too long ago. They on the way." He said.

"Alright."

Within moments later the ambulance came. They knocked on the door and came in with the stretcher. They put Aunjel on the stretcher and placed an oxygen mask on her to give her oxygen. She coughed a few times and tried to catch her breath. She finally opened her eyes.

~~~Aunjel~~~

The first thing I see is my daddy's face.

"What happened Baby?" He asked as he strokes my curly hair.

"Cortez came in the house. It's all my fault." I said as I put my arm over my eyes and cried.

"Baby it's not your fault." My daddy said.

"But I opened the door. I was half sleep and I opened the door." I cried.

Before I could finish they hauled me into the back of the ambulance. My daddy was angry and on the phone talking to someone and August held my hand and to my surprise my daddy didn't say anything.

"You ight ma?" He said wiping my dry tears that still sat on my face.

"Yea I'm ok." I said trying to talk through the oxygen mask.

"I thought that nigga killed you ma." He said looking down.

"No. But I'm glad you came when you did or he might have." I said rubbing his hand.

By this time we came to a stop. The back of the ambulance doors opened up and they hauled me out and rolled me through the hospital and out to a room.

~~~Chris~~~

I followed behind the EMTs as they hauled my daughter down the hall and into a room and hooked her up to IVs and everything. I noticed she had briefly stopped talking to August and looked up at me and started talking. I didn't really understand her behind the oxygen mask but she was still talking. I got up walked over to her and moved the mask.

"What?" I said laughing.

She coughed a little bit. "Ahh thank you. Daddy, is this necessary? Can't I just go home?"

"No you can't. Why you being difficult?" I said to her.

"But daddy I'm ok." She pleaded.

"Still. They'll discharge you when they feel you're ok." I said.

"Uuuggghhhh. Ok." She said.

COMMENT PLEASE!!!!