Chapter 11

I went back in the house and closed the door behind me.

"I cooked breakfast daddy." I said as I sat on the far end of the couch...away from Arella.

"I know. Me and Arella had some." He said.

"Oh."

"It was really good Jelly." Arella said.

"Excuse me? I know you did not just call me Jelly." I said coping an attitude.

"Isn't that your nickname?" She asked as she looked.

"My mom used to call me that before she up and left. Nobody's called me that since. So you don't call me that either." I said sitting back. "Daddy don't tell this woman about me."

"Aunjel Marie! Cut the shit alright?!" He said getting loud.

I sat there with my mouth open because my dad never got loud with me. "Whatever."

"So who named you Aunjel?" Arella asked trying to start a convo.

"Yo current boyfriend." I said as I looked through my iPhone.

"Oh. It's a pretty name." She said patting my hand that was resting on the couch.

I jerked my hand away from her. "I don't like people touching me." I lied. "So what's your real name? Arella is ...a dumb name." I whispered. "Is that like a childhood nickname."

She raised her eyebrow at me. "My real name IS Arella." She said getting aggravated.

"Oh." I said obnoxiously laughing.

Running out of options I know I was making her uncomfortable. And I. was. glad.

"Hey how bout we go get manis and pedis?" Arella suggested.

"Why?"

"So we can get to know each other. You know...have some girl talk." She said.

I was highly skeptical at first. "Eeehhhhh I guess." I said finally answering. "Soo am I paying? Are you paying? Or is my dad paying? I'm sure you make him pay for everything anyway."

"I don't need your father's money. I do real estate and I have my PHD in medicine. So I bring home the bacon." She said boasting.

"Well you bring home the bacon at your house not here." I said snobbishly. "But let's go I guess."

I got up and changed into bleached jean capris and an over sized long sleeve shirt with Lady Gaga on the front. I walked into the living room signaling that I was ready.

"See you later daddy." I said as I kissed him.

I noticed Arella tried to kiss my dad but i starred her down to a point where she just waved good bye to him.

I closed the door behind us and walked to her black BMW. I hopped in the back as she got in the drivers seat.

"You're not gonna sit up here?" Arella asked.

"Am I moving?" I asked her sarcastically. "Maybe I wanna be chauffeured around."

~~~Arella~~~

I pulled out of the driveway and drove. I swear if I didn't love Chris I would not put up with this lil girls shit. I looked in the rear view mirror to admire my light brown eyes, my beautiful brown skin, as well as my beautiful brown hair. I love being a brown black girl.

It was twenty minutes into the ride and we were finally in the Houston Shopping Plaza. I looked back to see Aunjel sleep. I took a picture of her and sent it to Chris.