Chapter 35

I walked in the house to my mom in the kitchen crying.

"Ma?"

"August! You know I tried with you. You're about to be a father for goodness sake and you wanna get locked up behind drugs?"

I leaned against the counter and looked down. "I'm sorry ma'. I'm just tryna provide for my family."

"Boy hush that up. You prolly stressing Aunjel. I taught you better than that."

"But you also told me to be a man and take care of what I need to take care of."

"It's other ways to take care of your business August."

"Well doing what I do is the only way I know how."

"You gotta go August. I love you but you gotta go....at least until you get yo shit together."

I looked at her wipe her tears. I didn't even want to argue with her. I just wanted the situation left alone. "Ight."

I went to my room and packed a few things. I hit up my cousin Kirk and told him the situation. He said I could stay at his crib for a while. I grabbed my bag and headed out without saying any more.

I drove fifteen minutes away. I kept my eyes on the road but every now and again I looked at the sonogram picture of my baby girl. I thought about everything my mom and Aunjel said, but shit I gotta keep grinding. I don't want Aunjel, Melody, or my nieces to ever have to ask somebody for help or money or anything for that matter. I wanna be the one to give it to them.

~~~Aunjel~~~

I got home around 4:30 and I was beyond exhausted. I just wish everything would go back to the way it was. I wish my dad was still here. It's going to be hard tryna take care of Melody without his guidance. It's pretty hard going to school pregnant. I have to keep going to the restroom and I'm always in the nurses office. I thought about homeschooling but I'm not sure it's something I wanna do.

~~~Meanwhile, Ronnie~~~

I sat in the living room that was once my baby brother's. I bought his house so that my niece could still have a memory of him.

I was sitting in my living room looking at tv. I had a lot on my mind. The little nigga that harmed Aunjel lived not to far and I know for a fact he killed my brother. I thought about how I'd get revenge and how I could get away with it but my granddaughter Gabriella's little voice and interrupted my corrupt thoughts.

"It's almost five in the morning Gabriella why are you awake?"

"I was thinking about mommy. I had a dream about her."

She rubbed her big eyes and yawned. "Come here." I said to her. She walked over to me and wrapped a blanket around her and held her as if she was a lil baby.

"Papa. When people die where do they go?" She asked looking at me with her big hazel eyes.

"They go to heaven baby girl." I knew she was referring to her mom who was my youngest daughter, who had died in a car accident when Gabriella was just three and from time to time she would as questions about her.

"Is that where mommy went?"

"Yes baby. That's where your mom went." Gabriella was more curious about stuff like this because of her age her twelve year old sister Nicole had a tendency to bottle stuff up and it worried me.

"Is she up there with uncle Chris?"

"Yea muchkin she's up there with her uncle."

"Are we gonna see them again?"

"Soon...but not to soon."

My talk with my grandbaby had me thinking about this whole situation. If I seek revenge on this kid for what he has done to my niece and brother I could go to jail and my grandkids will have no one to take care of them. Bad enough their dad is locked up they don't need their grandpa locked up too. I need to rethink this.

~~~Aunjel~~~

It was the next day and Ky had left to hang with Sam so I decided to see my uncle Ronnie.

I showered, lotioned my body, and put on some black pants, a blue geeky spongebob oversized sweater, some blue Chucks, and a beanie. I just let my hair fall straight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aunjel!!!" Gabriella said running to me.

I gave her a hug and went into the kitchen to see my uncle making brunch.

"Hey unc." I hugged him.

"Hey kid."

"Where's Nicole?"

"She in her room. Your old room."

I walked down the hall into my old room to see my little my little cousin reading a book.

"Hey Nicki."

She looked up from her book. "Hey."

She looked so grown up now. I haven't seen her since she was nine. She looked just like her mother.

"What you been up to?"

"Nothing just school. Congrats on your baby."

"Thank you. It's a girl."

"Oh ok. What are you naming her?"

"Melody Christine Alsina. Her late uncle is named Melvin so that's where her first name came from and Christine from my dad of course." I smiled slightly before looking away.

"That's a pretty name."

She looked back at her book and continued reading.

"Is something bothering you Nick?" I asked her as I sat on the bed.

She sighed. "I guess I miss my mom. I never really talked about her ever since she died. I'm not good with expressing my feelings."

"I know baby. That's understandable. You know I'm here if you need someone to talk to."

I noticed she started crying. I got beside her and held her. "Let it out Nicki. It's ok to cry. Don't hold it in."

She let go and wiped her face with the sleeve of her shirt. "Thanks Aunjel."

"You're welcome. Do you feel better?"

"Yea. A little bit."

"Well that's good. Always know your cousin is here for you."

She smiled slightly. "I know."

I left her room and went to talk to my Uncle.

"Hey Aunjel."

"What's up?"

"Nothing, I need to talk to you."

"Ok. Shoot."

"Gabriella go in your room."

"Awww. I don't want to." She said getting up and leaving.

"Look Aunjel. I was thinking. I can't do anything to the kid Cortez. I have to think about the girls. You know Carmen passed away and Alan is locked up so I'm all the girls have right now."

I thought for a minute and kind of zoned out. Maybe I could do it myself after I have this baby. I'm sure something will come up in the next few months. Cortez isn't getting away with this.

"Oh. It's ok uncle Ronnie I totally understand." I could feel an evil smile creep up on my face.

Sooooo what the hell is Aunjel finna do???

How y'all feel about this chapter???

VOTE & COMMENT

😈☺️😈☺️