Chapter 4

~~~Chris~~~

I stepped outside to call Arella and let her know what happened. We were on the phone for almost 20 minutes so when I peeped around the door to see what Aunjel and August were up to, Aunjel was fast asleep and August had his head resting in his hands.

"August?" I said in a whisper.

He looked up from his hands. "Sir?"

"Come here." I said signaling for him to come outside the room.

He came outside and stood against the wall. "Wassup Mr. G?"

"Look son, I just wanna thank you for coming in when you did. If you hadn't come I don't know what would have happened to my baby girl." I said.

"It's coo. I wasn't gone let nothing happen to my best friend. I love ha' ya feel me?" August said.

His New Orleans accent was very strong. "Yea. You know... I prolly looked like the bad guy cause I'm rarely around but the truth is I'm always gone because I'm mostly with my girl Arella. She takes me to my chemo therapies. I just didn't wanna stress Aunjel out about the situation cause I know how she can get ya know?" I said.

"Man. I'm sorry about that but you gotta tell ha' soon because she think you ignoring ha'." August said.

"Yea. You're right. You know it's something about you kid. You ain't like the other guys she brought home. You different." I said rubbing my chin.

"Thank you. I try." August said.

~~~Aunjel~~~

I was half sleep but I quickly woke when I noticed the room was empty. I heard talking outside my room. It was August and my daddy. The two loves of my life. I listened in on the convo.

"Yea. You know... I prolly looked like the bad guy cause I'm rarely around but the truth is I'm always gone because I'm mostly with my girl Arella. She takes me to my chemo therapies. I just didn't wanna stress Aunjel out about the situation cause I know how she can get ya know?" Chris said.

"Man. I'm sorry about that but you gotta tell ha' soon because she think you ignoring ha'." August said.

"Yea. You're right. You know it's something about you kid. You ain't like the other guys she brought home. You different." Chris said.

"Thank you. I try." August said

I admired that my daddy grew fond of August but I was worried about him. Still in my regular clothes I carefully yet quietly got out of the bed and took the IV stand with me.

"Daddy?" I whispered like a little girl. "Can you give us a minute Aug?"

He nodded and walked down the hall towards the vending machines.

"Aunjel. Listen." He started.

"Daddy... I heard everything." I said tearing up. "Why didn't you tell me your situation was that serious?"

"I didn't wanna stress you baby girl." He said.

"Daddy I don't care. If I can help you I want to help you. All this time I thought you were putting Arella over me." I said. By this time tears were falling down and the little daddy's girl in me was definitely coming out.

"No. Baby girl it's not like that. It's not like that at all. I don't want you stressing over me being sick." He said.

"Daddy I love you. You stressed over me all you're life and worrying about me. It's ok for me to do the same." I laughed. "I just want you to be around to see me walk and see me open my tattoo shop and see me and Aug get married and see your grandkids run around."

"I hope I can see all of that baby girl." He said. "You really like this August kid don't you?"

"I do daddy." I confessed.

"I can tell." He said.

"Daddy I love you." I said standing on my tippy toes to hug him and give him a kiss.

"Get some rest ok?" He said rubbing my hair.

"Ok daddy." I said as I walked into the room.

~~~Chris~~~

I walked down to where the vending machines were to see August looking at the tv and and eating chips.

"You can go back to her room now." I said to him.

"Ight coo." August said as he got up.

"August." I said.

"Sir?"

"Thanks again." I said.

"No prob." He said.

He walked off into the distance while I sat down and called my two older brothers Joey and Gino to come and get me from the hospital. I told them everything that happened and boy were they furious. I had already informed August and Aunjel that I was leaving and that I'd be back later. Within 30 minutes my brother Joey had pulled up in his all black '09 Escalade ready to kill.

Sweet Love and Revenge (An August Alsina Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें