Chapter 2

~~~Aunjel~~~

Cortez was my everything. He was a sweetheart to the fullest when we first started dating back at the beginning of our tenth grade year.

He changed when I met August tho. He would hate when I would hang with August or even talk about August, but August was my best friend. Every time me and Cortez would have a fight, I ran to August and he was there.

Me and Cortez were on good terms so I decided to go to his house and surprise him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Knock, Knock]

The door eased open. I walked in. "Cortez? Cortez Jamal Anderson?!"

I heard a faint noise coming from his room. I went to his room where I seen him laid up with another bitch.

The girl in his bed tried to cover up her face with the sheet so I focused my attention on him.

"So I don't fuck you enough?" I asked walked closer to him. "Why you always fucking me over?!" I said throwing stuff at him.

"Aye Aunjel chill!" He said trying to block his face.

"Fuck you. I'm done with you." I said leaving the room.

He ran after me and grabbed my arm. "Aunjel wait."

"Let go of me Cortez. I can't believe you." I could feel the tears in my eye trying to fall.

"I'm sorry Aunjel please forgive me?"

I turned myself away from his grip and I walked out his house and I headed down the street to August's house.

[knock,knock]

He opened the door and smiled. I felt better once I seen his face. He had on a black SnapBack, a white T-shirt, some khakis, and some socks looking good as fuck. After I eye fucked him I spoke.

"Hey Aug, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Can I get a hug first?" He smirked just before pulling me into a tight hug.

He playfully planted kisses all over my face. I giggled. "August stop."

"Did I make you smile at least? Don't think I didn't notice the tears on your lashes."

I croaked a smile."Yea."

"Ight come on in."

He stepped aside and let me in. I stood there and waited for him to lead where he wanted us to go.

"Come on we can go to my room and then you can tell me why you were crying."

"Ok" I looked down and sighed.

He lifted my chin up. "Stop holding ya head down ma'."

I was silent as I followed him to his room.

"So what's wrong ma'?" He asked as he sat on the bed.

I sat beside him. "Cortez cheating on me again." I said tearing up.

"Why you keep taking this clown back ma and he keep on hurting you?"

"I don't know Aug. I thought he loved me." I cried harder. I guess you can say I reached my breaking point.

"Come here ma'." August caressed me and let me cry into his chest. "It's gone be ight ma'. I just hate seeing my best friend hurt. I love you ma'." He said as he rubbed my hair.

"I love you too August."

~~~August, The Next Day~~

My name August but my friends call me Aug, I'm 6'3, somewhat light skinned,17, tatted and I got good ass hair. But Aunjel? Shit that's my best friend. We been rocking since I first moved to Houston. I been tryna get with ha' fa' the longest. We fucked a few times but maaaann Aunjel be hella tripping. I love ha' more than a friend but she don't know it yet. I remember the first day I met her it was about two years ago at Sam's house.