Chapter 21

I had this look of being lost on my face. I then had a flashback to when I was younger.

{Flashback}

~~~Aunjel~~~

I sat against the wall hugging my teddy bear close to me. I heard my mommy and daddy yelling. She yelled mean things saying how she didn't want a family in the first place and how she was going to leave us. They yelled at each other for a long time. I heard Mommy slam the door and leave. She didn't even say goodbye...

I started to cry quietly. My daddy came in the room and picked me up. We went to the living room and he held me like a small baby and showered me in kisses.

"Daddy why doesn't mommy love us?"

"I don't know kiddo. I can't speak for her. But daddy loves you."

He gave me more kisses so I would feel better. "I love you too daddy."

{End of Flashback}

I knew she noticed the anger in my eyes. I was hoping she did.

"Look I know you're upset and I know I can't change the past but can you please hear me out?"

I said nothing accept turned away facing the street.

"I know you're mad but I want to make it up to you. Here's my number. We should do lunch soon."

"Excuse me? Lunch? You really don't know how to be a mom do you? I just lost my dad...my last life line and all you can say is 'we should do lunch'? Fuck outta my face."

"Aunjel come on now I'm tryna be here for you. What do you want from me?"

"You're tryna be here for me?! Why now?! Why wasn't you there all those other times I needed you? Why wasn't you there when I got my period or when I had my first dance? Where was you at when I had to miss all those mother daughter parties because YOU WASNT THERE?! What about a few weeks ago when I lost my baby? Or weeks before that when I got choked up and almost raped by my ex boyfriend?! You wasn't there then I don't need you NOW!"

Hot angry tears rand down my face as I got up and walked away and headed toward my car.

~~~August~~~

I followed behind Aunjel to comfort her when her mother stopped me.

"I dong know your name son but will you please give her my number?"

"Sho." I took the number from her and headed to Aunjel's car.

I got back in the passenger seat and gave Aunjel the paper.

"I don't want that shit August." She said swatting my hand away. "I have nothing to say to her. She up and left without even telling me goodbye or even fuck you for that matter."

"That's still your mom tho baby."

"Who's side are you on August? I don't care who she is. You don't just leave your kids in the dark while you look for your light."

Aunjel was stubborn but she had a point. "You gotta let that shit go ma', give her a chance and hear her out."

"Are you kidding right now? You always want me to give somebody a second chance!" She started the car and put it in drive.

"Everybody deserves a second chance."

"Ok so Cortez tried to rape me I should give him a second chance right? Oh ok August."

"You know what ima ignore the fuck outta that fucked ass remark. You know damn well it's fucking different!"

"Whatever nigga. I woulda gave her a second chance had she come into my life sooner! It's too fucking late she already missed enough!"

"Well give her a chance so she can see the rest!"

"No she shouldn't have left! Would you have given yo father a second chance?!" We arrived at my house.

"Yea...if he was really sincere about it. I really would."

She looked as if what I said actually meant something. "Just get out." She said unlocking the door.

"I can't make you do nothing you don't want to baby. I love you." I leaned in and gave her a kiss but she didn't return it.

~~~Aunjel~~~

Arella let me stay at her house as long as I needed to. We had a lot to discuss now that my dad is gone.

"Come sit." Arella said patting the sofa.

I sat down beside her but not too close.

"You ok?" She had a concerned look on her face when she noticed how I was staring off into space.

"Yea." I didn't look at her when I answered.

"Your uncles are taking care of everything so a funeral will probably take place the end of this week."

"Ok." I said in a whisper.

She rubbed my back. "It's ok to cry baby."

I broke down and just cried. She held me like I was her own daughter....something my mom should have been doing.

I wiped my face and got myself together. My head hurt from everything that happened today.

"Do you have any clothes I can put on? They wouldn't let me go back in the house and I want to take a hot bath."

"Yea come on." I followed her upstairs.

Her home was very nice I must say. We went into her bedroom and I sat on the bed. She gave me new undergarments (that she had never opened of course) some shorts, and an over sized long sleeve sweater with tweety bird on it. Luckily we were the same size.

"Before you go take a shower, I want you to know that you're welcome to live with me if you would like."

I flashed her a smile. "Thanks, but what about the house. I got so many good memories there."

"You got bad ones too baby, I don't think it would be too safe to live there anymore."

"I guess you're right." I said getting up.

I felt myself beginning to cry again.

"What's wrong baby?" She pulled me in for a hug.

"Can you adopt me? I don't have a mother to go to forreal."

"Yes baby I'll adopt you in a heart beat. You know I love you like one of my own."

"Thank you. And I'm sorry for the way I treated you all this time."

"It's ok baby girl."

I left her room and went to the guest room. It had full bath so I got myself together in there.

~~~~

After an hour in a half of bathing and soaking, I got out dried my body, put on lotion, and put on my clothes.

I laid across the bed and decided to apologize to August about the way I acted.

~~~Cortez~~~

Everything worked perfectly. Aunjel was crying like the little bitch that she is because her precious daddy is gone. Now she feeling my pain. That fatherless pain! I have no remorse what's so ever!

Daaaammmnnn Cortez is terrible.

How y'all feel about this chapter?

COMMENT PLEASE

😊😊😊