Chapter 30

Aug dropped me of at home. I got in the house to see Arella on the couch holding her grandbaby Milan.

"Hey ma'." I said as I kissed her and Milan on the cheek.

"Hey suga. Did you find out what you're having?"

"Yea.

"Well......"

"It's a little girl!"

"Aww yayy! Another granddaughter!"

"Yea!"

"You know what you wanna name her?"

"I had a name in mind but I want to keep it a surprise from Aug tho."

"What name do you have in mind?"

"Melody Christine Alsina...in honor of his older brother and my dad."

"That's a beautiful name."

"Thank you! I hope Aug likes it."

"I'm sure he will."

"Hey I was thinking about spending the rest of the day with Ky. Is it ok if she spends the night later?"

"Yea. I'll order a pizza so it'll be here when y'all get back."

"Ok."

I got up and went up stairs and called Ky.

"Soooo what are you having?" She sung through the phone.

I laughed. "It's a girl. You're gonna have a baby niece!"

"Awww Aunie (Ky's nickname for Aunjel) she's gonna be so pretty!"

"Thanks boo."

"What you gonna name her?"

"Melody Christine Alsina. I want it to be a surprise for Aug tho. Her name is like a dedication to her uncle and grandpa."

"Aww that's cute. I'm sure he'll love it."

"Yea, did you wanna still hang? You can spend the night if you want."

"Ok that's perfect! I'll be ready soon."

"Ok I'll leave now."

I hung up with Ky and went to go pick her up.

~~~Ky~~~

I was packing my bag to stay with Aunie. I'm glad to leave because I honestly didn't want to be home. My mom and stepdad had been arguing all day because I told my mom my stepdad raped me yesterday. I had the bruise to prove it but my mom didn't believe it and that's what caused them to argue. I didn't tell Sam, August, or Aunjel at least I didn't plan on telling them because this was the first time this happened. It's like Larry just changed out the blue. I mean I never thought he'd do this to me. I always trusted him.

{Flashback}

I had just got out the shower and and was about to put on my clothes because I was about to leave with Sam when I heard my mom talking to Larry in their room.

"Larry get off me I don't feel like it."

"Why not?!"

"Because I don't! Now move!"

"You fuckin somebody else?!"

"Get out!"

I heard him walk out the door. I knew he was drunk because he always was half the time. I had tried to finish drying off when I heard the knob jingle.

"Ummm...I'm not dressed."

He still came in stumbling into my room. I backed up on the far side of the bed and covered up. He was shirtless and sweaty and smelled like alcohol. He came closer to my bed and laughed. He unbuckled his pants and leaned forward, grabbing my legs he pulled to him. I tried fighting back but his grip was too strong. He unzipped his pants and pinned my hands down. I tried my hardest to fight back but I couldn't. He just had his way with me and left.

{End Flashback}

A tear slipped my eye at the flashback replaying. My mom basically did to me what Aunjel's mom did to her. I heard a car horn and I grabbed my suitcase and left.

I went to her car and she got out and hugged me.

"Hey boo! I missed you!" Aunjel said as she hugged me.

"I missed you too." I broke down and cried into Aunjel's shoulder.

"What's wrong baby?" She asked as she rubbed my back.

"I just missed my best friend that's all." I lied because the real reason I broke down was because of everything that happened and because I needed my sister.

"Don't cry. You know I'm here for you."

"Thanks." I said in between tears. "Can we wait to go shopping? Can we just go to your house?"

"Yea that's fine."

~~~Aunjel~~~

We got in the car and drove back to my house. The whole car ride was silent and I was worried about Ky. I felt like she was hiding something.

We finally pulled got to my house. We got out the car and walked through the door to smell bacon and pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut.

"Ma we're back!"

"Ok. I'm upstairs with Milan. Y'all go head and eat." She yelled from upstairs.

We went to the kitchen and say at the Island. I made a plate of two pizza, some bread sticks, and a salad.

"That's kinda a lot of food. You sure you can eat all that Aunie?"

"Bitch I'm eating for two so yes I can eat all that." I laughed. "And you over there picking at your food like it's brocoli. You ok?"

"Yea I'm good. I'm just a lil tired." She said nibbling at the pizza. "Can I take a nap or something?"

"A nap? Bitch you just got here."

"I know Aunie but I'm really tired...please?"

"Ok boo come on."

She followed me upstairs with her suitcase and we went to my room. I sat on the edge of the bed, turned the tv on, and ate the rest of my food. Ky just laid in the bed and faced the wall.

A few minutes passed and I grew bored. There was nothing on and Ky was knocked out I guess.

I sighed. "Ky you sleep?"

She didn't answer so I assumed she was sleep. With nothing else to do, I got up, closed the room door, and laid on the bed as well.

I felt myself slowly dozing off but I felt Ky moving restlessly beside me. I sat up and looked at her to see if she would stop. She stopped moving and I laid back down. I tried to doze off but Ky starting moving again. This time she was kicking her legs and talking.

"NO! STOP!" She said in her sleep as she kicked.

"KY!?" I said shaking her. "KY!? Wake up!"

"Huh?!" She shot up fast and burst out in tears.

"Ky, what's wrong?" I asked.

She fell into my arms and cried. I rubbed her back and tried to comfort her.

"Ky tell me what's wrong you been acting different all day."

"My stepdad raped me yesterday Aunjel and my mom didn't believe me." She cried harder.

I had known Ky for the longest and I have never seen her cry, not like this anyway. I can't believe this shit happened to my best friend. My sister.

"Oh my god Ky." I started to cry with her. "Ky don't go home."

"Don't leave me Aunie. I need you." She cried.

I hugged her tightly and cried with her. "I'm not gonna leave my friend. I promise! I'm here for you Ky!"

Smh. This shit is too real. Can't trust nobody!

How was it? COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE.