Chapter 18

It's already the beginning of August and I still was at my Nonno's house. From time to time I'd talk to August, Ky, and sometimes my brother but I haven't heard from or seen my dad but I knew he talked to my Nonno and asked about me.

I was in my Nonno's guest room on the phone with August. Then I felt funny.

~~~Phone Convo~~~

"How you feeling ma'?"

"I feel like shit baby, and my stomach hurts really bad." I broke down in tears.

"Why did you eat something bad ma'?"

"No, can you take me to the hospital please? I don't feel to good to drive."

"Call and Ambulance and I'll meet you up there."

"Ok." I hung up the phone and called 911. They were on their way.

~~~~

I had arrived at the Dallas hospital. Come to find out the pain I was having was because I miscarried my baby.

My dad was the first one at the hospital because my Nonno told him.

"Hey kiddo."

"Hey..."

"How you feeling?"

"Like hell...I hope you're happy. I'm not pregnant anymore."

He sighed and sat beside the hospital bed holding my hand. "No baby girl I'm not happy. I was disappointed at you but I would have accepted the fact that you were pregnant."

"Yea..."

"Stop giving me short answers. You're still my baby girl and I love you."

"I love you too daddy." He kissed me and walked out.

Moments later Aug walked in with a bouquet of flowers.

"How you feeling ma'?" He gave me a kiss and put the flowers beside me.

"I don't know how to feel. I mean yea we're young but I loved that baby. I was looking forward to having it. But I guess god doesn't make mistakes." I looked at August and then I looked at the IV in my arm.

"Yea I was looking forward to being a daddy but god don't make mistakes."

"Yea..."

"What did the doctor say?"

"I loss a lot of blood on the way here so that's basically why I'm hooked up to all this shit."

"Man ma', when can you come home?"

"Hopefully today..."

"You going home home or back to yo grandpa's house?"

"I'll prolly go home...I miss being near you, Sam, and Ky crazy ass."

"I miss you too ma'."

~~~~

I was discharged from the hospital after a day. August took me back to my Nonno's house to say good bye and to get my car.

"Aunjel mi bambino, I will miss you very much." I just loved my grandfather's Italian accent.

"Awwwwee Nonno, I will miss you too. You should come back home with me!"

"No no. I have to stay here and take care of Maria, her days are limited."

He was referring to my step grandmother Maria who had gotten really sick lately.

"Nonno don't say that, she might get better. You never know."

"I hope so but before you go I want you to have this." He said handing me a bag.

I sat down on the couch and opened it. "Nonno you didn't have to."

I pulled out two boxes. One was a charm bracelet with crosses and hearts on it and the other was a necklace with a gold baby's foot on it and a heart in the middle. I started to cry as I held the necklace up.

"Don't cry mi bambina, things happen for a reason."

I got up and hugged him tightly "Thanks Nonno."

I said my good byes and headed back home to Houston. Home was where the heart is.

Kinda short. I think ima take a break for awhile. Idk tho. Hope y'all are liking it.

How ya'll feeling it so far??

More characters to come....
😊☺️😊☺️