Chapter 12

~~~August~~~

I locked the door behind Aunjel's uncle and walked to ha' room. When I walked in there she was crying ha' eyes out.

I kicked my shoes off and laid on the bed beside ha' and wrapped my arm around ha'.

"Look at me ma'." I said moving the hair that was covering ha' face.

"August. What if I lose my daddy tonight?" She asked. "I don't have anybody other than my uncles, you, and my grandpa. I can't go to my mom because she'd rather be laid up with a cholo then at home with her daughter."

"Stop expecting the worst ma'." I said rubbing ha'. back.

"Well can't shit good come from a stroke Aug? Not shit. And for some reason I feel like somebody's hiding something. Yo like forreal." Aunjel said getting mad.

All I could do was hold ha'.

"Get off me August." She said getting out from my grip. "You always want me to look on the bright side of shit. Every since I met you. I can't look on the bright side of shit. Every fucking night I worry about my dad, I worry about is Cortez gonna come back and kill my ass? Where am I gonna go if anything happens to my dad god forbid anything happens to him." She said getting up.

"You need to chill the fuck out because I done went through shit too. So don't sit here and act like you the only going through shit ma'." I said looking her in the eyes getting angry.

She sat back down on the bed and took in what I just said.

"I know you been through shit baby. And I'm sorry for going so hard but I don't do to well under all this shit..."

She got cut off when ha' iPhone rang.

~~~Aunjel~~~

My phone rang interrupting me and Aug's conversation. I immediately grew afraid.

"Hello?" I said putting my phone to me ear.

"It's uncle G." He said pausing. I can tell he was getting upset. "Your dad has had brain cancer for awhile and his strokes triggered a nerve that has him currently brain dead."

I dropped the phone on the bed and ran to the kitchen to get a brown paper bag because I could feel a panic attack coming along.

~~~August~~~

Aunjel ran past me and I picked up ha' phone.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"August. Can you bring Aunjel up here to the hospital please? I'll give you gas money nephew."

"No gas money needed. I gotchu." August said.

"Alright."

I hung up Aunjel phone and grabbed her keys and went to the front room.

I went into the living room to see Aunjel breathing in a paper bag and crying.

"Ma' you good? What's wrong?" I said sitting beside ha' and rubbing ha' back.

"I get panic attacks real bad when shit happens August. I can't take this shit my daddy brain dead right now."

"Come on let me take you to the hospital to see him."

She got her purse and brought the paper bag with her and we headed out.

~~~At the hospital, Aunjel~~~

My eyes were puffy from crying and my throat was sore from breathing in that bag like a maniac.

I tried holding my composure as I asked for my daddy's room number.

"Hi can you tell me..." The receptionist put her hand up at me and continued her conversation.

I tried to compose my anger. "I just need you to...."

"Look lady I'm on the phone. Have a seat and sit down somewhere." The receptionist said.

August tried calming me down but I wasn't about to put up with no disrespect.

"Bitch you need to get off the fucking phone. Whatever the fuck you talking bout can fucking wait. My daddy fighting for his life up there and you on the phone bitch? Tell me where the my daddy room at before I blast yo ass." I said slamming my hands on the front desk. "Now look up Chris Graziana!"

"He's in room 312." She said shaking.

"Bitch!" I said as I knocked all the shit off the front desk violently and walked away.

August grabbed my arm. "You need to chill out ma'."

"Whatever." I said as we got on the elevator.

When we got off, I ran down the hall with August behind me. I finally reached the room and ran in.

"Daddy?" I asked in a whisper.

I looked in the room at everybody. They were sad and crying. Arella walked up to me.

"Look Aunjel. I think we need to pull the plug." She said softly.

"NO! You don't call no fucking shots! You ain't nobody's wife!" I said yelling. "And how long have y'all know he had brain cancer?"

"A while." Gino said looking down. "He didn't want to tell you."

"So we keeping secrets now?" I said looking around. "Y'all need to fucking bounce and give me a minute with my daddy."

They ignores my rudeness and let me alone with my dad. Of course Aug was in the room with me.

TELL ME WHAT YA THINK!!!!
COMMENT & VOTE!!!
😊😊😊