Chapter 15

PREGNANT

That one 8 letter word that determined my future. I looked at the stick and looked up at August and my eyes started watering.

"Aug I'm pregnant." I said trying to hold back tears.

He caressed me as I cried into his chest. "Ma' it's ok. I'm not going anywhere."

"Aug please don't leave me." I said looking into his eyes.

"Baby I'm not. I promise."

Ky left the room to give us sometime alone.

~~~August~~~

I held Aunjel because I really wasn't going to leave ha'. Man. I'm about to be a father. Shit bout to get real. I gotta hustle harder. I love Aunjel but she don't know that I sell rocks on the low. Now that Aunjel is pregnant I gotta grind twice as hard.

I continued to caress Aunjel because I hated the fact that she thought I was gone leave. I really wasn't gone leave. I mean I'm part of the reason she in this situation now. I just gotta be a man early.

~~~Aunjel~~~

I wiped my face and followed Aug to the living room. We sat on the couch with Ky in silence.

"So how do you feel Aunjel?" She asked breaking the silence.

"I don't know how to feel to be honest." I said. "I don't know how ima tell my people."

"Are you going to keep it?"

"I guess..." I said. "Are we going to keep it Aug?"

"Yea. Ion rock with that abortion shit. If people can't except the fact that we bout to have a kid they don't have to deal with us or the baby."

"You're right baby." I sighed. "So I guess I'm bout to be a mom. I wonder what people at school will say once we go back."

"Fuck what they say. The have no say."

"Well I'm bout to be an auntie!!! Yaaayyy!" Ky said hugging me.

"Ky get off me." I said laughing.

~~~Later, August~~~

Ky had left and I was still at Aunjel's house but she was sleep. I decided to call my big brother Mel and tell him the news.

~~~Phone Convo~~~

"Was gud lil bruh?"

"Man. I'm good. Just chilling with Aunjel."

"Oh word? How my lil sis in law doing?"

"She good, she sleep tho." I said looking over at Aunjel. "What Cha and the girls doing?"

"Cha went to the grocery store with Ma and Chay and Miyah playing and Kay Kay sleep."

"Oh ok. Give them a kiss for me. Ma cooking tonight?"

"I will and yea she is. She want you to bring Aunjel over. She miss her nshit."

"Aghh. Ight."

"Yea."

I grew silent because I ain't know how to bring it up about Aunjel being pregnant.

"Man August. What's wrong with you!? You all quiet nshit."

"Man. I got Aunjel pregnant." I said as I stepped outside.

"What? Lil bruh forreal?"

"Yea. Man you can not tell NOBODY!"

"You got my word but you know mama gone find out."

"Yea I know. I'll tell her myself tho. You think she'll be mad?"

"Man I doubt it. You her baby boy." Mel joked.

"I hope she take it ok."

"I'm sure she will lil bruh."

"Ight Mel. I'll hit you up later."

"Ight Yungin."

We hung up and I walked back inside to see Aunjel awake and stuffing her face.

"I hope nobody wanted any of this ice cream because I'm already down to the corner of it." She said scooping the last of it.

"Damn ma'. But how you feeling?"

"I'm ok just still taking it in that ima be carrying a human in my body for 9 months. Shits scary."

"We gone be ight tho." I said reassuring her. "So my moms cooking tonight and she want you to come too. She misses you."

"Awwww. Mama Sheila misses me? Of course I'll be there. I miss your family Aug."

"Yea how is your pops?"

"I haven't seen him in a few days. I hope he's better."

"I'm sure he is baby."

~~~Later that Evening, Aunjel~~~

Aug went home to help his mom cook dinner for tonight. This gave me the perfect opportunity to go see my dad.

I got myself together and headed out to my 2010 Hyundai. Yes I have a car I just rarely drive it.

The whole ride I was blasting Chris Brown songs. For some reason I felt everything was going to be ok.

I entered the hospital and went straight to my daddy's room. The view that I was currently witnessing shocked me and brought tears to my eyes.

Is it good?...or nah?

Should I continue?

I need y'all's feedback so I can write more!!! 😊😊😊

Comments are welcome.

Oh and shout out to C/O 2K14 congrats!!! 🎓🎓🎉🎉👏👏

OH! And shout out to those who read my story! You the real MVP!!! 👏👏👏