Chapter 16

"Oh my gosh!!! Daddy you're ok."

He was standing up talking on the phone who he had rushed off when I got there. He looked healthy. Almost as if nothing happened.

"Hey baby girl." He caressed me tightly and gave me a kiss.

"Daddy, I thought you were brain dead. What happened?"

"This is the worst hospital, the little young doctor misdiagnosed me. I was in a coma not brain dead."

"Oh thank god. I thought I lost my daddy."

"No you didn't." He laughed.

"When can you come home?"

"Today baby cakes." He said smiling

"Aww daddy. I'm glad you're coming home. I missed you!" I said hugging him tightly.

"I missed you too."

"Am I taking you home daddy?" I said grabbing his hand.

"Yea. Let me just get discharged."

I walked my daddy to the registration desk so he could discharge himself. Moments later a nurse came out from the back with a wheelchair.

"I really gotta sit in that shit?"

"Yes sir. It's hospital policy." The nurse said.

With no further questions, my dad got in the wheelchair and let them wheel him out to my car.

"Daddy, where's Uncle G and Uncle Joey?" I asked as I got in the driver's seat.

"Joey's daughter went into labor and Gino's granddaughter had a dance recital tonight."

"And Arella?"

"She's at home with her granddaughter."

Listening to my dad talk about grandkids made me think. If only he knew he was finna be somebody grandpa. I was going to tell him. Just not today.

We got home and walked in the house. My dad sat in his favorite chair that was by the fireplace.

"Do you want anything to eat dad?" I asked as I headed to the kitchen.

"No baby. Arella's coming over later with food."

"Oh. Speaking of...I have a brother now." I said referring to my encounter with Jauquin.

"What are you talking about Aunjel?"

"This guy came by and he said he was my brother. Kelly had a kid before she had me. She left him like she did me."

"Wow. I don't know what to say. She can't stay with just one family. She gotta jump shit."

"Yea. Me and him are having lunch tomorrow and tonight Mama Sheila wants me over for dinner."

"That's nice. She must miss you." My dad said slightly laughing.

"Yea. Are you going to be ok here?" I asked. "I can stay if you want."

"I'll be fine baby."

"Ok. Daddy."

With that, I went to the bathroom, took a shower, put lotion on, and put on a a floral dress, a jean jacket, and some brown sandals. I was cute!

"Awww you look cute baby girl."

"Thank you daddy!" I said giving him a kiss. "Aug should be here in a minute."

I sat on the couch and waited.

"Why don't you just walk over to his house? Y'all be wasting gas."