Chapter 17

I knew if I went back to sleep I'd probably over sleep so I decided to get ready. I took a shower, put on lotion, put on black skinny jeans, a tank top and a cardigan, and I flat ironed my hair.

It was 12:15 already so I decided to leave now. I grabbed my keys and purse and I headed out.

It was kind of breezy outside so I'm kinda glad I wore a cardigan. I walked in PF Chang's and looked around for Juaquin and Tammy. I seen them at a booth near the window. I walked over to them and gave them a hug and sat beside Tammy.

"Hey y'all. Did you guys order already?"

"No we wanted to wait for you." Tammy laughed. "You look pretty tho."

"Aww thanks. You do too!"

"Well that's good my sis and my fiancé get along good." Juaquin chimed in.

"Yea, so how long have you two been dating?"

"Me and Juaquin have been dating for five years." She smiled and looked over at Juaquin.

"Awww. Do y'all have kids?"

"Nah but me and Tammy be trying sometimes."

"Awww." I thought about telling them that I was pregnant but I decided to wait.

"So what about you sis?"

The waiter interrupted our conversation to take our orders.

"Y'all ready to order?"

"Yes I'll have some shrimp lo mien, orange chicken, and a Sprite." I prayed in my head that I could keep it down or at least wait till later to get sick.

"And I'll have General Tso chicken, ribs, and a lemonade."

"What you ordering baby?" Tammy asked Juaquin.

"Umm... Let me get some pepper steak and onions with chicken lo mien and a fanta orange."

"Alrighty. I'll be back with your orders shortly."

The waiter took our menus and left.

"Anyway, you got a lil boyfriend or something I need to know about?"

I blushed when my brother said 'boyfriend' because I immediately thought about Aug.

"Yea...I do. His name is August. I've been knowing him for a while. We started as friends and then we made it official."

"Awwww. That's so cute Aunjel." Tammy said.

I laughed. "Yea."

"How old is he?"

"He's almost 18." By this time I was cheesing hard as a bitch.

"Awww she's in love! That's too cute."

"Yea I love him."

The waiter had brought back our food and we laughed and talked for almost two hours. Catching up and being silly. I like having a big brother and a sis in law. It's pretty cool.

I got home around 2 and laid across the bed. I didn't feel too good to be honest. My dad came into my room and sat on my bed.

"You ok? You look sick."

"Do I really?"

"Yea you do."

I sat up. I might as well tell my dad now that in pregnant.

"Daddy..."

"Yea."

"I gotta tell you something, just promise me you won't get mad."

"I can't make any promises baby."

"Daddy please?"

"What is it Aunjel."

I started to cry before I could even speak. "I'm...pregnant."

"What?"

"I'm pregnant dad ok?!" I couldn't help but get loud.

"Aunjel please tell me you're kidding."

"No....I'm not."

"Are you serious?! I taught you better than that. You think it's easy taking care of a baby at a young age?! Me and Kelly could barely take care of you when you where a baby and she had you at 18!"

"Is that why she left? So it's my fault the family is broken up?"

"It's not like that Aunjel."

"No Dad that's how you're making it seem. I'm just a big mistake that broke up the family."

I got up and grabbed my purse and keys and left.

I had been driving for hours. The only place I could turn to was my Nonno. He lived 3 hours away in Dallas and here I was at his front door being a burden.

I knocked on the door. "Nonno can I stay here for a while? Please?"

"Ahhhh me neonata (baby girl), yes come in."

"Me and dad had a disagreement."

"Oh. About what?"

"il bambino nel mio stomaco (the baby in my stomach)."

I sometimes spoke Italian to my dad's side of the family especially to my grandpa. He knew English but didn't care to use it unless he had too.

"Why disagree? Bambino is blessing."

"Well he doesn't act like it." I broke down into tears and of course my Nonno came to comfort me.

"It is ok. He will come through."

Sorry it's kinda short...

But dang Aunjel maybe you should have waited three months.

How y'all liking it???

Yay or Nay??