Chapter 53

I woke up the next morning fully planning on spending my Sunday in bed. All of my hopes of being lazy for a day where thrown out the window when I heard my phone ring.

I looked over and grabbed my phone. Silencing it without even seeing who was calling. I fully intended to go back to sleep. My phone rang two more times before I put it on silent really not caring who was trying to reach me.

I could not tell how much time had passed. Even though my phone was not making a peep I could just since that someone was still calling me.

I let out a loud grown and sat up to grab my phone. I had six missed calls and one text message all from Izzy. I don’t have any messages so I go rite to read my text message.

Your ride will be at your house in an hour. Be ready. You’re coming over to finish your song.

I looked at the time. She sent me this text twenty minutes ago.

I loved her but at this moment I really wanted to kill her. I got almost no sleep last night. My dreams where filled with visions of the burning man. When I awoke I spent the rest of the night lying in bed trying to figure out where I have seen that man before.

I was so tired but I knew Izzy was not going to take no for an answer.

I walked out to the living room to see dad sitting on the couch the news.

“Hey dad.” I said as I poured myself a cup of coffee.

“Good morning.” He responded.

“Do you think it will be okay if I go to Izzy’s today to finish the song we were working on?” I asked him.

He looked at me and I was worried he was going to say no.

“The girl from yesterday?” He asked.

“Yep.” I tell him.

“I don’t know.” He said.

“Please.” I pleaded with him.

“Where are you going?” He asked me,

This is why I did not want him to meet her yet. He’s a smart guy and can sot trouble from a mile away.

“To her house.” I answered him.

“Is the rest of the band going to be there?” He asked.

I did not know who was going to pick me up so I answered truthfully.

“I don’t know. She sent me a text told me she would pick me up in an hour. That was a half hour ago. So I need to know so I can get ready.” I told him.

He seemed to be thinking over what I told him.

“Fine.” He said.

I smiled at him and quickly ran into the shower. I took the quickest shower of my life. It must have been less than five minutes. I wrapped myself in the towel and ran to my room.

Once in my room I wrapped my wet hair in the towel and quickly grabbed some clothes.

I did not really care about dressing up considering I did not even want to get out of bed. So I ended up in blue skinny jeans and a white tang top, and sneakers.

I freed my hair from the towel and quickly brushed through it. Letting it dry into its natural waves.

As if on cue the doorbell rang. I tried to run to the door before my dad got there. I was worried Izzy would be wearing something that would change my dad’s mind about letting me go.

I was to slow when I got to the living room my dad had already answered the door.

“Who are you?” He asked in the same voice he asked David yesterday.