Chapter 176 - Argent's POV

I stood there confused as to how Thana had killed a Berserker with her bare hands. I had questions, I had thanks but there was no time for that. Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Kate watching us from the entry way of the temple. She looked on unhappy with what Thana just did. So I quickly nodded my head in thanks and ran after her.

I followed her into the temple and down the thin halls knowing that this was probably a trap. I just hoped there was some of my sister still left in there. Enough that I would not have to actually kill her.

"Kate stop!" I yelled and surprisingly she listened.

She stopped running, I almost ran straight into her back. I took a few steps back while she turned around to look at me. She was my sister, not the monster everyone feared. She just looked back at me with her shining blue eyes.

"Why are you doing this? To these kids? There don't deserve this." I asked her.

"You can't see them clearly, any more can you?" She asked back.

"There just kids." I reminded her.

"Scotts not your little hero!"

She snapped at me. "None of them are. Not when they killed Allison."

"They were Allison's friends," I told her as I could not believe that this is what this was all about

Revenge on the people who did everything they could to save her. Who put themselves in harm way even though they're just a bunch of kids to keep this town safe. Safer than we ever kept it. She has completely lost it.

"She died protecting her friends!" I yelled at her. "If you kill them, her life, our lives would be for nothing!"

"They really do have you fooled don't they?" She responded.

A devious smile formed on her face as she slowly started to walk away from me. Then I felt it. There was a Beserker behind me. It was so close I could feel its growl vibrating through my body.

"Kate," I said trying one last time to reason with her.

I didn't even have a chance to turn around before I was punched in the upper shoulder causing me to slam into the cold dirt floor.