Chapter Twenty-Five

We walked through the door together and I quickly throw my bag down on the counter.

"Are you hungry?" My father asked.

Now that I thought about it I had not had anything to eat sense lunch.

"Yeah I guess I am." I told him.

He opened up the draw underneath the counter.

"Chinese?" He asked with a smile.

I was starting to wonder if he ever cooked. I guess when you work as much as he does you doesn't really have much time to cook. I decided that at some point soon I was going to cook him a real supper.

We sat in silence as we watched the news until the doorbell rang letting the two of us know the food was here.

I set the small table while dad went to get the food. When we sat down and both quickly started eating. I was practically eating my beef fired rice and chicken wings without chewing. I looked up to dad to see he was pretty much doing the same thing. I guess he was just as hungry as I. I could not help but smile.

"So how was school today?" He asked.

"Good. I met all of Scott's friends. They all seemed nice for the most part. I even made some friends of my own." I told him with a small smile on my face.

"That's nice. Why don't you tell me a little about them?" He said.

"Well there's Izzy. She's the one I met first and really nice. I can tell right away that we are going to be good friends. You know how sometimes you just know." I told him and he nodded in agreement with me.

Then there's Stella and her boyfriend Allen. There friends of Izzy's. There really nice to." I told him.

"That's great that you're making friends so quickly." He responded.

"Actually there in a band together with one other kid and have invited me to their show tomorrow night. Is it okay if I go?" I asked him.

I already said yes and even if my dad told me I could not go it was not going to stop me. It would just be a lot easier if he actually said yes.

"What time does the show start?" He asked.

"They told me if I can go they would pick me up at seven so I could help them set up." I told him.

"I don't know." He said.

"Please. Tomorrows Friday so it's not a school night and I really want to go."

"Who else is going?" He asked.

Who else is going? No one. I thought.

Quickly I got an idea that I knew would get me my way.

"Scott said he would go if I do." I told him.

He instantly perked up.

"Really? That's great that you to are getting along. Fine but I want you home by ten." He told me.

Thank you daddy." I said as I hopped up from my seat gave him a kiss on the cheek then went to clean my plate.

I ran into my room closing the door behind me. I pulled out my phone and sent Scott a text.

Hey if dad asks you're coming with me to a concert tomorrow night. I sent him.

A few seconds later my phone vibrated I looked at it. It was from Scott.

And why would I do that? He asked.

It's no big deal Izzy invited me to her bands show tomorrow. Dad said I could go but only if you come. So I told him you are.

It took him a little longer to answer. About a minute later I got another text from him.

I'm not going to a concert with you. I have things I need to do tomorrow night.

I could tell by his text that he was getting angry.

You don't have to. You just need to tell dad that your are. I have a ride there and a ride back. I'll be back before ten. Dad will never know you just need to cover for me. I sent him.

I really hoped he would agree. If he told dad what I was up to I don't think he would ever let me leave the house.

Fine but only because Stiles won't shut up.

He answered.

Tell Stiles I said thank you.

I sent him.

Good night. He said.

Good night. I answered and plugged my phone in to charge for the night.

 I went and lied down in bed. Hopping sleep would come soon even though I knew it would not.