Chapter - 60 - Malia's POV

I sat in the car next to Derek not believing that he had just left her like that. I could not even start to understand what he was thinking.

"You're just going to leave her in the middle of the woods?" I asked him.

"She will realize she has no choice but to go home. It's not safe for her to come with us." He told me.

Considering all that was going on I was not entirely shore if I believed him or not. I think the only way someone like Thana could be safe was for her to leave Beacon Hills all together.

"Let's just get this over with." I said to him.

We drove in silence not having much to say to one and other. I think we both knew that we would argue if either of us spoke.

After what felt like the longest drive of my life we arrived at lookout point. We both climbed out of the car and I felt like I was finally able to breath. We started walking, looking for anything. Looking for any sign, any clue to help us find them.

I was starting to think we were not going to find anything when a nasty smell hit my nostrils. It smelled like rotten meat. I could do nothing but stop walking and try to figure out where it was coming from.

"Malia? Malia?" Derek asked me trying to get my attention.

"You don't smell that?" I asked him.

"Wait here." He said to me as he continued to walk forward.

I don't know who he thinks he is. I did not come all the way out here to not see what is going on. SO I followed after him.

When I reached his side I saw why he wanted me to stay behind. We found the pack unfortunately they were all dead. They were lying on the ground all huddled together. Black slime was dripping out of their mouths, eyes, and noses. I had never seen anything like this before.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"I think they might have been poisoned." He responded.

"That's great." I said. "If the ones with guns don't get you then the ones with wolfs bane poison will. Maybe one with no mouth, or maybe we should all be running from Beacon Hills." I said as I looked to Derek.

I could not help but feel upset and sad by what I was looking at and I did not even know these people. I could not even imagine how I would feel if something like this happened to my friends.

"Run as fast as we can." I finished fully meaning it.

We turned to leave and I was halfway to the car when Derek just stopped walking and turned around.

"What's wrong?" I asked him not understanding why he stopped.

I wanted nothing more than to get the hell out of here.

He did not answer me he just continued to look forward. I followed his line of sight so see that someone was still alive. There was a bloody hand risen out threw the mess of dead bodies.

Before I could even register what I was seeing Derek had ran over leaving me to trail after him.