Chapter 107

After the disastrous attempt at trying to catch the Benefactor I managed to sneak out of the hospital and back to Derek's. I made a quick pit stop with Argent. I asked him if he could help me out with some weapons and he was more than happy to take me to his loft and give me whatever I wanted to take.

"Is everyone okay?" Derek asked me the second I walked through his door.

"Yeah, well Kira's mom got hurt but everyone else is okay." I told him.

"Did he show?" He asked.

"No but Kate did." I told him.

"Kate was there?" He asked in a more hushed tone.

"Yeah I don't think she knows who I am." I told him.

"Good." He said then looked at the big duffle back I held in my hand.

"What's that?" He asked.

"Gifts." I told him as I plopped it down on the table.

I opened up the bag and pulled out a gun.

"This is a star sauer p226 9mm." I told him as I tried to hand it to him.

" I told him as I tried to hand it to him

"I don't like guns." He answered.

"That's because you never learned to use one

"That's because you never learned to use one." I told him.

"Or because I've been shot repeatedly. How did you learn and where did you even get that?" He asked.

"Not important. You'll like this one." I told him as I let the clip drop out and caught it.

"The legal clip size in California is ten remember how many shots you fire. You run out of bullets it gets you killed." I told him.

"Were you in a gang in Boston?" He asked with a smile.

"It also makes you look stupid." I told him as I put the clip back in and handed it to him.

He took it from me and held it weirdly in his hand.

"Using a gun isn't just about learning to point and shoot." I told him.