Chapter 110

"Scott I'm going." I told him for the hundredth time.

He has been hovering like a crazy person ever sense Liam called this morning letting him know I had been added to the dead pool.

"But you don't have to. You're not even wrestling. You're not cleared yet." He told me like I did not know that I could not compete.

"And how do you think that makes me feel. It was a big deal for me to be the only girl on a team in the state. And now I can't even compete at our first away meet. Everyone thinks I am checking out." I told him.

"Who cares what they think you got shot by an assassin. Let me remind you when you weren't even on the list. Now you are." He said.

"Look there is no way I'm not going. I may not be able to compete but I can go and support my team. Just like you would for your team." I told him.

"It's not safe." He told me.

"Fyi it's not safe here either. If someone wants to kill me they will do it here, there, they will kill me anywhere." I said to him.

"Are you trying to quote cat in the hate?" He asked me.

"Did I say it wrong?" I asked him not being able to remember the last time I read that book.

"Kinda." He answered.

I went back to packing my bag. Trying my hardest not to think about the fact that people where now officially trying to kill me.

"I'm not going to talk you out of going, am I?" He asked me.

"No." I told him.

"Well then I'm going with you." He told me.

"No you're not. I don't need my team mates thinking I need my big brother to protect me." I told him.

"You do need your big brother to protect you. Form assassins!" He yelled at me.

"Thana your rides here." Melissa called up the stairs to me.

"Time to go." I said as I grabbed my bag.

"Who's picking you up?" He asked me.

"David, he's driving me to the school and were all driving up on a bus with the entire team." I told him.

"Are you okay with staying on your own?" He asked trying to get me to change my mind.

"I'm not. I'm sharing a room with David." I let him know.

"That does not make me feel any better." He told me.

"Look I'm only going to be a few hours away. If anyone tries to kill me I'll give you a call." I told him as I ran down the stairs.

I wasted no time running outside before Scott could stop me. I jumped into David's truck and slammed the door shut behind me.

"Drive." I told him.

"What's the rush?" He asked.

"Scotts being Scott." I told him.

It was enough for him to drive off. It was clear that Scott and David did not get along.

It did not take us much longer to get to the school. David parked the car and the two of us walked over to the bus where everyone else was getting into.

"What are you doing here?" Couch asked me as he stood in my way.

"Getting on the bus." I told him.