Chapter 47 - Derek

Derek

I passed around my loft. Not shore what was going on with me or what I should do about it. The blood I could not smell it. Even though it was a trap for me I should have been able to sense something, but nothing. First my eyes, now my sense of smell was gone. At the moment where I thought I was going to go crazy the loft door opened and Peter walked in.

My thoughts instantly changed to thoughts of how stupid Peter was.

"Where the hell have you been?"

"Out." He replied.

"Do you have any idea what you did tonight? You can't just go around murdering people, especially in front of cops." I snapped at him.

Things were different now. We could not just go around and do whatever we wanted.

"I did not murder anyone. I saved you from the assassin who was trying to kill you. And there was no cops there just the sheriff."

"It's the same thing!" I yelled at him. "There has to be a different way to deal with all this. Eventually people are going to get sick of your shit Peter." I snapped at him.

"There is another way. We wait and we die. I on the other hand want to live." He said as he started to walk away from me.

"You did not answer me. Where were you?" I asked him.

It was almost four in the morning. He was out all night with my car. Doing god noes what.

"I was doing your job." He looked at me with that stupid smile I wanted to slap off his face.

"What the hall does that mean?" I asked him.

"Scott called while you were out gallivanting with the Sheriff. He needed someone to protect Thana." He said as if he was proud with himself.

All I could focus on was that Thana needed to be protected and again I was not there to do my job. My heart sunk in my stomach and I almost felt like I was going to throw up.

"What happened?" I asked.

Worry filled my voice. My mind instantly went to the worst case scenario. Did one of the assassins go after Thana?

For a brief second Peter snapped out of his cocky ass nature when he saw how upset I have become.

"Nothing like that." He told me.

I was instantly able to relax. When I did his cocky attitude returned.

"Scott just needs someone to bring her drunken ass home from a party she was at." He told me.

I just looked at him not shore why Scott would involve Peter of all people into something as simple as that.

"Why?" I asked not shore if I wanted to know the answer.

"Well apparently our little Thana is all grown up. Drinking, using drugs, and very popular with the guys." He told me knowing perfectly well that his words would bother me.

Anger instantly started to fill my body.

"What does that mean?" I snapped out at him.

"Well one of her friends called Scott told him his little sis was very intoxicated. To come get her before she was taken advantage of. From what I could see when I got there it was Thana who was taking advantage of everyone else around her."

I just stared back at him. Not even able to form words. I could not comprehend what he was saying about Thana. Sweet little Thana could not be this person he was talking about. But then again as I thought back on the last few days she has changed.

"I walked into that party that was more of like a drug filled orgy and she was half naked giving a very tattooed kid a lap dance. From the look of it I am shore it was not the first lap dance she has ever given. Then there was the other kid. The one from her wrestling team. He did not look happy at all about what was going on. Her sent was all over that one as well."

"Why did you not tell me?" I asked him. "I would have come." I told him.

"Because I was sent to take Thana home. If I wanted to murder a bunch of horny teen age boys I would have called you." He told me as he snickered under his breath.

"She's a feisty little one." He continued. "Actually managed to black mail me. All of that aside we have bigger Thana problems then her being a very naughty girl."

I was shore now that he was purposely just trying to piss me off. It was working but I was not going to let him bate me.

"I find that hard to believe." I told him.

Honestly what had happed to her when she was in Boston?

"You would not say that if you were in the car with her on the ride home."

I looked at him confused.

"Two words." He told me. "Siren Song." He said as he held up two fingers.

He can't be serious. There was no way.

"That's impossible. Her powers are bound, along with her memories."  I told him.

"Well we were wrong. Trust me her Siren song works. She started singing and I nearly drove us into a pole." He said.

I could tell there was more. A lot more he was not telling me.

"Why would you do that?" I asked him.

He just looked up at me. Eyes full off worry.

"She's a very angry and sad girl. It did not take very long for her to make me want to just give up, on everything." He said. "Something happened to her while she was gone. Something bad. She's not okay." He told me.

What the hell does he mean she's not okay? She has to be okay. It's my job to make shore she's okay.

A job that I abandoned six years ago but still now that she was back it was my job again. Even though I was not shore how I would do that with my wolf ability's all screwed up. If what Peter was telling me was true I had bigger problems. How am I supposed to protect someone form themselves.

"You do realize she is also the new lead singer of a very popular rock band." Peter added in pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Great." I said as I started to walk to away.

"What are we going to do?" He asked me.

"Were going to watch. If her powers are really coming back then we need to tell Scott what's really going on."  I told him.