Chapter 166

I stayed at Scotts for the next two days. I spent the entire weekend with Izzy. Our faces buried in books looking for a way to find Kate. This seemed to be an impossible task. Every spell we tried failed. Every second we wasted was a second closer to Derek's inevitable death.

We were in the middle of trying to sky for her again. The pendulum just kept spinning. It felt like my world was falling apart. Tears were spilling down my face. My jaw was shaking from frustration along with the rest of my body. I was excited from forty-two hours of no sleep.

"Fuck!" I yelled sending the table we were using flying across the room.

"Thana!" Izzy yelled back.

"What!" I yelled back.

"You need to calm down. Breaking Scott's stuff is not going to help us find him." She told me.

"It doesn't matter nothing we try is working! Why can't we find her?" I snapped at her.

"I'm trying." She replied.

"Not hard enough," I told her.

"I have been here with you for two days. Doing everything you ask." She snapped back at me.

"Exactly, everything I ask. I have been a witch for a few months. you have been one your entire life. How is it you can't get a simple locator spell to work?" I yelled at her.

"She is obviously using some sort of magic to keep her self cloaked. We're just not strong enough to break through." She answered.

"I'm the fucking Queen, there is no one stronger than me. This is is your fault. You're too weak. Find me a stronger witch!" I yelled at her.

This time it was as if the entire room had exploded. Everything shattered and was now flying around me like a tornado was in the room and I was the center of it.

"What the hell is going on?" Mellissa yelled as she entered the room.

I looked over to her and everything dropped. The room became silent once again. I looked around the room at the mess I made as I struggled to catch my breath.

"What happened?" She asked as she scanned the mess.

She didn't look angry just concerned and that upset me more than if she had yelled.

"I'm sorry it won't happen again," I told her as I rushed out of the room, down the stairs and out the door.

"Where are you going?" Mellissa asked.

I turned around surprised. I did not think she cared enough to follow me out into the street. Izzy stood behind her. She looked scared.

"I don't know," I answered truthfully.

"Well, I was about to head to the lacrosse game. Why don't the two of you come?" She asked.

I had totally forgotten about the game tonight. I really should have remembered considering Scott, Stiles, Kira, and Liam were all on the team.

"I don't know," I answered as I thought about just running around town until I found her.

"Trust me a distraction is what you need." She said as she ushered me forward before I could even respond.

The three of us got in her car and she drove us to the school. The car ride to the school was completely silent. Thankfully it did not take us long to get there. I practically leaped out of the car and sprinted to the field. I came to a quick stop when I saw Derek sitting in the stands.

"Whats wrong?" Izzy asked but I could not answer.

I just stared at him as my heart broke all over again. I wanted to flee, but I couldn't move. I was frozen in fear that I was going to lose him again. My chest started to hurt and I couldn't breathe. It was as if my body had forgotten how to work properly.

I stood there frozen staring at him as he got up and started walking over to me. Part of me wanted to flee the other half wanted to run towards him.

It was only when he stood in front of me did I realize I had no idea what I wanted anymore.

He didn't yell at me. In fact, he didn't say anything, he just pulled me tight to his chest and wrapped his arms around me. The second I was in his arms my body instantly relaxed. I was able to breathe again. I was home, Dads, Scotts, the abandoned castle wasn't my home. Derek was. I needed him, I was crazy in love with him.

When he pulled away from me he looked at me with his sad puppy dogs eyes. He melted my heart with a single look. I quickly reached up and pulled his lips to mine. He instantly responded and kissed me back as if I had not stormed out on him.

Someone cleared their throat splitting us apart. I looked behind me to see Mellissa standing there with her arms crossed.

"I can raise a teen wolf, and a witch. Even look after all your monstrous friends. I can deal with the assassins and except the constant danger, but I will not tolerate teenage pregnancy. So keep it in your pants, Derek." She said before walking off with Izzy.

I couldn't help but chuckle for the first time in days.

"Let's go watch the game." He said, placing his hand on my back.

I nodded and headed to the stands with him.