I shake my head to rid of my thoughts of that day and focus on our current situation. "Has it ever seen you or tried to hurt you in any way?"

"No I only saw it. At least I don't think it's ever seen me. I'm not sure..." She seems to stray off into her own thoughts. If Harry's and my theory is correct about the previous people invited here being murdered it is a possibility that the black figure will... try something. We just need to figure out what to do to stop it.

"Do you know anything else about the black figure? That's what me and Emery call the phantom thing. Tell us anything and everything you know about any strange stuff happening here. " Harry decides to take action.

"What are the weird noises you said you heard?" I decide to add on. She closes her eyes and hums in thought for a second.

"On the first few days we came here I would wake up sometimes hearing my name being called. It was so scary and I looked everywhere but I didn't see anything. At first I was just like whatever, right? But then I started hearing them more and more randomly and I started realizing- I mean, it all sank in that this really was a haunted house. I knew it was when I came here but I guess I just didn't believe it or didn't want to."

"I thought the same thing. It doesn't really settle in until you start seeing everything, huh?" I came here having the same mindset as her. I always thought 'oh it's all fake' ' ghosts aren't real' 'this is going to be easy'. Boy was I wrong.

"I know. It's so messed up. How about you Harry," We both look at him expecting an answer and he just shrugs. His wide shoulders moving up with his deep breathing.

"I don't really know what I was thinking when I came here honestly," He pulls up the desk chair and sits on it. He fold his large hands together and sighs. "I was blinded by the money so I didn't know what I was getting myself into until everything."

"Hmm,"I say. Blinded by the money. We all were. I was too, thinking that if I had the money maybe just maybe I would be the envy of everyone instead of having to wither in my life of being constantly jealous. It sucks. Just imagine that everyone you see everyone has something that you wish you had. That every single person you looked at made you feel like shit because they were much prettier or much better in everyway that you are not. And god it sucks.

"So what else did you see. Or hear. Wait, I still don't get how you know I didn't murder them. Which I didn't but I'm just saying," I change the subject and struggle to get in a comfortable spot leaning on the desk. Harry notices my discomfort and motions for me to sit next to him on the wide chair. Both of our bodies fit comfortably on it minus a tiny side of my leg bumping into Harry's. It's not much of a discomfort though, I like being close to him.

"The day Sam died I was walking around the hallways because I had lost my way to my room. Typical in such a large mansion. So then I heard someone yelling and crying for Sam and I was worried, so I ran. Then I saw what was happening but I made sure to keep hidden. And what I saw," She shakes her head and closes her eyes. I grip my thigh but then Harry tangles his hand with mine. He sends me a warm smile and I give him one in return. She sighs. "Sam was being carried in the air by his neck by the "thing" and I was so shocked I couldn't speak or e or help or do anything. I was frozen." Small tears form at the corners of my eyes remembering the day. I'm so lucky I'm not completely mentally scarred after what happened and all that continues to happen.

Everything she says  just makes me angry. She was there and she did absolutely nothing to help. Who knows, maybe Sam would still be alive if she would have helped. I've heard her say she was shocked or she was scared and frozen but honestly? She could have done something and taken action. So many things could have been prevented if she just helped but all the excuses just make me think she's lazy and selfish. She keeps speaking about what happened but I zone out.

I don't trust her and I don't like her. Simple as that. One thing I hate so much is when people tell me I can't just dislike someone who has done nothing to me or dislike them when they did something that wasn't so big. I hate when they say I need to at least respect them because no. I don't need to respect them and I don't have to like them. If I don't like someone just leave it at that. I can like or dislike whoever I want. I can love or hate whoever I want.

And at this moment, I don't like Jenny even if she is sort of helping us out. And she's gorgeous too which makes me not like her more. Maybe in the future we can form some sort of bond but right now I can't deal with that. If there is even a future to have.

"...so then I ran away and I didn't tell anyone." Jenny finishes and place my head in my hands.

"That's how you knew," I say but it becomes muffled in my hands.

"If I was there-It...I, ugh," Harry becomes frustrated with himself and bangs on the arm of the chair. "I would have killed the black figure. I want to kill it so bad." He exclaims. I lift my head up and place it on his shoulder carefully. I  don't know if I'm even technically allowed to be this close to him but judging on how we kissed and how kind he has been toward me I take it as an okay.

His shoulders relax once I place it and it sends a bubbly feeling through my stomach. Jenny raises an eyebrow at how close we are and smacks her lips.

I awkwardly cough into my shoulder and rack my brain to figure out what to say. "So you know it was um the black figure who killed Riley too, right?" I come up with a lame talking point and she seems to be grateful for the break in tension.

"Of course. I knew that it was him after I saw what I saw. And there's something else I want to talk about but... maybe another day. Is that okay?"

"No problem," I reply and smile. She starts standing up and both Harry and I do the same.

"Thanks for letting me tell you all that and for listening. Again, sorry for taking up your time." She pats her hands on her pants and throws her curly red hair over her shoulder.

"It was no problem. I actually think you helped us a lot," Harry eyes me once he says the last sentence then looks back at her.

"Okay. I'll see you soon. Bye," And she's out the door.

"What do you think about that?" Harry asks and we both lean back on the door.

"I think we're about to have the craziest ride of our lives."

Check out my new book Blare and don't forget to vote, comment, and share. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK AND I LOVE COMMENTS OKAY? OKAY.