40

My head is spinning so fast and I can't get control of anything. It pulses loudly and I can hear the thump in my ears. Everything mixes in with voices yelling.

"DIE DIE!"

"WITCH!"

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" It's a horrible yell. The voice sounds so raspy and thick like sand paper against cement. It sounds like a woman yelling. I can't help imagining who the voice might come from. Even if it hurts to think right now.

I imagine an old lady covered in wrinkles from head to toe. Dry wild grey hair with a hideous snarl. Claw like nails and blood running down the sides of her lips. Back hunched slightly and piercing red eyes. Then I can see it clearly. My head still hurts and the voices keep yelling but I can see the picture I imagined very clearly. I imagine the woman running at me and yelling at me telling me to die and die and that she'll kill me and then sinking her claws into me neck. The blood around her lips getting thicker until I snap myself out of my thoughts.

Why am I imagining that? Suddenly a strong piercing pain hits my head and I scream. I scream so loud I feel everyone can hear it and I don't stop screaming. Then I hear another voice mixed in with the screams and I slowly bring my yells to a halt. I remove my hand from the sides of my head and open my eyes.

I'm breathing heavily and it takes a moment for my eyes to adjust.

"Emery?"

I look over to the side of the bed.

"Harry?" I whisper. And he lunges at me and attacks me in a tight embrace.

"Oh my god. Emery, you're okay. I thought you- your okay," He grabs the back of my head with his large hand and cradles me in a soft hug.

"Harry," I whisper against him. I feel prickles of tears start to form but I hold them in. I've cried enough.

"Thank you thank you thank you," I hear him whisper against my hair and I just hug him tighter than I ever have.

We sit there just hugging and rocking each other back and forth for a few minutes while he keeps repeating thank you over and over again. I let a small tear escape but that's it.

I don't know what happened. And I want to ask him but I don't want to interrupt this moment. I realize that I have my memory back. I know my name and sadly, I know where I am.

I breathe in his scent and he rubs my back softly. Then I slowly unravel myself from him, still holding his hand, and look at his face. His eyes are a bit red and puffy. He's not crying, well at least not right now. His pink lips a bit pouty and his hair is a mess. But still, he is beautiful.

He reaches his hand out and touches my cheek. Then he whispers my name and it sends shivers down my spine. It's like he can't get enough of me. And neither can I.

"Harry, what...what happened?" I ask. He sighs and his thumb slides slowly lower to my neck.

"I-I found you in that hallway. You were so beat up," His voice chokes up but he covers it up as a cough. "I had heard some yelling and I didnt get there in time. I didn't-," His voice cracks and he flops his head down so I can't see him. "I wasn't there for you." He barely whispers. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He looks up and he shakes his head. Eyes looking a bit more red and teary eyed.

"Harry stop. It wasn't your fault. It was mine. I shouldn't have gone out on my own like that. I-" He cuts me off.

"I know but I should've done something. I could've prevented it somehow. I could've- I could've stopped you from going but I didn't and now you're hurt and it's all my fault!" When he says that it was all his fault his eyes widen and his mouth falls open. He stands up and covers his mouth. "It's all my fault." I hear him whisper and he starts pulling his hair and running his hand over his face.