"What the absolute hell? Why would he get so upset?" 'Beats me'

Time Skip

We finally made it back to the real world. Asia named the little dragon Rossi. It was cute nonetheless.

Soon after, we all decided to leave. Rias asked me to stay though. I sat on the couch and waited for Akeno to leave as well. After she did, Rias sat on the other couch across from me and had a concerning look on her face.

"Maybe she's actually going to confess to us now" Venom hoped. I couldn't help but mentally laugh. 'You're getting away ahead of yourself my friend' he only grunted at me

"Is everything okay Shane?" Rias asked

"Yeah? Why do you ask?" I replied.

"You're lying. The one thing to not do is lie to a girl." Venom added. I only shook the comment out of my head.

"Well It seems like you've been distant to all of us lately" she replied staring at me.

I shrugged, "I don't think so, but I could say the same with you all but what do I know?"

She raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"Quit playing this act man! We can not afford to lose her to Issei!" Venom pleaded.

"I'm just saying you can't say I'm being distant when everyone else has been the same to me as well." I replied.

"Just tell her already dammit or you're gonna regret it!" He yelled which caused me to move head.

"Is he bothering you?" She asked. I shook my head. I just wanted to go home, so I needed to end the conversation soon.

"Nah, but I'm alright, I promise. I just haven't felt good the last few days, I'm sorry for my manners of talking back President" I bowed to her. She looked at me curiously.

"Are you sure?" She asked once more. I gave her a fake smile and scratched my head. "Of course".

"You should get some rest Rias, it's been a long few days. You've worked your butt off!" I say while leaving the building. She only nodded.

As I was walking, Venom and I felt an unfamiliar presence in the area, but it didn't seem harmful

Rias' Pov

I watched Shane walked out of the grounds back to his house. It really concerned me that he wasn't acting himself lately. I really do wish he would tell me.

Suddenly, a white magical circle appeared in the room and I instantly knew who it was.

"Grayfia" i snarled.

"Lady Rias, I am here in behalf of your brother. You must know why" she said to me.

I groaned, "it's not time and I don't want to go through with that stupid set up marriage!" I yelled at her. I decided to vanish and run for it. I may be able to buy enough time to get away. I've been thinking about it lately and the only person I trust enough is Shane.

Time Skip

Shane Pov

I was currently laying in bed, the whole conversation with Rias really had me messed up in my mind for the time being.

"You should've been honest, just because she hasn't given you any attention lately doesn't change anything" Venom added.

"Uh I know but still, it just sucks. Issei learned to wield the power and now she's all worried about him. I just don't know what to think" I answered him. Suddenly a red magic circle appeared in my room and Rias jumped out from it.