Chapter 13 Face To Face

Start from the beginning

He was now being stared at by the guests and the workers. Who wouldn't? He was handsome for a young boy. No that wasn't the right word to place on this angel like boy which held a pleasant smile. He's otherworldly. His hair was pulled up but strands fell down to frame his face elegantly. The first thought that everyone inside came to conclude was that he was a well brought up young master from a wealthy family. And who doesn't like seeing children in cute suits?

"Welcome young master, please sit, what would you like to order?" The waiter guided Junichi towards a table and sat him down.

On the way there Junichi connected his golden orbs to brown ones that held a calculated and guarded look. Kenchiki turned away first as Junichi widened his smile. He placed his order and waited patiently for his drink. His gaze connected once more with Kenchiki but this time he was the one to turn away. His gaze looked out the huge window looking out at the light traffic outside, people minding their own business, going back and forth from their everyday lives. As he waited someone sat across from him.

"Who do I have the pleasure of meeting?" Junichi said as he turned his eyes to meet with the exact same brown eyes as Tachino, but these didn't hold killing intent, in fact they held distrust for the cruel world.

"I'm here to get you off my back." Kenchiki began. "The other women that have tried to get information all failed, now they send in a young boy, how calculating of my competitors and embarrassing." Kenchiki hummed. "But I'll have you know that you won't get anything from me, so it's better to give up now than waste both of our time.

"..." Junichi didn't say anything for a while, his eyes were still connected with brown ones. "Sir I'm simply waiting for my drink"

"People like you disgust me, you won't fool me so easily." Kenchiki glared with a sneer.

With a deep breath Junichi's figure finally made a move, but standing up and leaving with an apologetic look as Kenchiki had imagined wasn't so. The young man tilted his head, his smile disappearing as he gave a thug like look to the man sitting across from him.

"Punk ass bastard, who do ya think yer talking to? Huuuh~?" Junichi's expression was all broken down as he surprised the man before him. "What kinda shit for brains do ya have eh? Ya think ya so high and mighty because ya wear a suit, and that automatically assumes that I need to know ya?" Junichi stood up with a twitching brow and looked down at the now stunned man. "Shit fuckers like yer self piss me off the most."

And with that Junichi stood up, paid for his drink, and left the coffee shop, but not before sticking his middle finger out towards Kenchiki along with his tongue in a childish manner. He was walking for a while as his thought began to process.

This was part of his plan, if he has his theories correct about the pure but shut off Kenchiki it was that he will assume everyone is an enemy, and only by proclaiming that he's like every other greedy and evil corporal man out in the world he will cower and try to do right. He doesn't want to become like those men who play dirty and try to play by the rules. Junichi was true to the T, by the time he was sitting down in a park bench, he heard footsteps behind him, then a hand landing on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else." Kenchiki started as he began to explain to the young boy. "I needed to grow up fast, and then learned that when it comes to holding power people will try to bring you down. That I shouldn't trust others so easily. Even so I didn't realize that I-"

"Why the hell are ya telling me ya backstory for?" Junichi glared menacingly at the man who now looked like a kicked puppy. "Get outta my face before I break it!"

"Sorry I didn't-"

"There ya go again, go buy me an ice cream or scram!" Junichi pushed the man with his irritated gaze and wasn't surprised that he saw Kenchiki going to an ice cream stand and buying him a cone.

He laughed internally, if his competitors were to see their enemy buy an ice cream cone for a kid he just met because he didn't want to be misunderstood they would cry tears of blood.

"Uh... Here." Kenchiki handed the cone to the boy who looked at it in disgust.

"Who the fuck eats mint ice cream?"

"Sorry I didn't know what flavor to get you-" Kenchiki smiled nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"And ya thought mint was something a twelve year old would like? What about vanilla, maybe chocolate? Hell! Even banana is a better flavor!" Junichi scoffed.

"I-I didn't – I was-" Kenchiki stammered, not knowing what to say.

With a pity filled sighed Junichi licked his ice cream and let it go. "Whatever, anyways thanks for the cone even if it is a shit flavor."

"Yeah, sorry for assuming that you were some plan of someone who wishes to bring me down." Kenchiki smiled nervously as he cleared his throat, not at all noticing the internal laughter the young man was brewing inside his own head after hearing that statement. "My name is Kenchiki Yoshitake."

"Did I ask for yer name?" Junichi sighed. "Mizusawa Junichi, give me your phone."

"Huh, why?" Kenchiki asked confused as he pulled out his cell phone.

"Cuz I want to learn yer weaknesses and ruin ya." Junichi said as he tapped away at the man's phone who went rigid. "I'm kidding ya moron, I'm saving my phone number, here." Junichi called his phone number which was bought for him by the big bad boss and saved the man's phone on his own. "I'll be calling ya whenever I need something to eat."

"Didn't I already compensate you with an ice cream?" Kenchiki pondered confused.

"A shitty flavor, but ya still need to compensate for my state of mind." Junichi smirked a mischevious smirk, his vocabulary now changing back to his refined one. "What will happen when I try to make friends and suddenly think about what you had proclaimed recently? I'll be traumatized for the rest of my life, mistrusting everyone, growing old with no friends or family and filled with regrets. Maybe I'll be thinking of death to save me from this cruel world." His eyes became watery and like a switch he turned back into a rebellious young master as he texted nonchalantly for Mizui to come get him and what to say when he sees him.

"Then I'll take full responsibility." Kenchiki sighed and felt anxious at the amazing switch of emotions the boy could do.

"Whatever." Junichi waved off the man as he saw Mizui walk towards them.

"Young master, your father is very worried, we've been searching everywhere for you." Mizui sighed with a tired look as he bowed to his "young master".

"Guess this is me, see ya later Mint guy." Junichi waved as he left a Kenchiki behind with a dumbfounded look, he had just been labeled an ice cream flavor.

>.<

"Any progress?"

"He owes me a favor." Junichi are the last piece of mint ice cream cone.

"The boss basically owns you now, this is your job he doesn't owe you anything-" Mizui began but was cut off.

"Moron, Kenchiki owes me a favor now, not the boss." He sighs. "Why are all adults idiots?"

"He does?" It was a rhetorical question, since he simply shut his mouth as he thought about the kids response, the boss had always hand picked people for the mafia, if you weren't recognized by the boss you simply sat in the outside and carried out ordered from his inside men. Technically speaking even thought Junichi is twelve years old, he was a senior to anyone who wasn't handpicked by the boss. The ones that are currently trying to curry favor towards the handpicked ones to be inside the Mafia family as fast as possible.

Tachino was always one who picked people with talent, when Mizui saw his boss pick this child, he was confused, but then again didn't question his boss, Tachino had a talent of picking someone useful. And seeing this child beat the hundreds of women and men that were simply trying to grasp at an opportunity to simply be an acquaintance to his acquaintances was scary in its own way. Junichi wasn't even out for a full two hours before he called Mizui to come pick him up.

The people that were sent to Kenchiki before wouldn't be able to grasp a look towards his direction for more than two minutes before being escorted out. What kind of abilities did that boss see in the child was beyond Mizui's comprehension. No wonder, Tachino was the big boss after all.