My People

A/N - Don't forget to comment your Questions under the name on the chapter "And the dead"!!! I love answering them. I will answer any and everything you have to ask, even if you just wanna know what their or my favorite color is! Also, I added Josie a second ago in case Y'all wanna ask her why she's such a hoe.

 🖤

(GIF of Rule bitching out Sweet Pea's ass)

"So this is how it ends, huh? Not with a whimper, but with a memo from Weatherbee." Rule looked around the room of three others; Jughead, Sweet Pea, and Toni. Everyone shared the frustration and anger radiating off her tiny body, not thinking anything of it when she took another sip of 'water' while Toni read from a piece of paper. "Riverdale High is now suddenly overcrowded. So, starting next week, all former Southside students will be bussed to Seaside High, which is two hours away."

"Meaning," Rule couldn't help the natural reaction to flicker her eyes up to Sweet Pea's when he spoke, pausing hastily until they could rip away from each other gazes. "he blames us for trashing the school during riot night."

"Well, to be fair, Sweets- Pea," As Rule caught herself, Toni looked at her best friend, knowing she was in pain despite the facade of being perfectly fine. "you did." Rule made the mistake of moving too quickly, sucking in a breath when a sharp pain erupted in her abdomen made by previously broken ribs. Sweet Pea lurched forward to help, being stopped when Jughead placed a hand on his chest with a pointed glare, Toni helping instead. Rule didn't see the look of despair on Sweet Pea's face when Jughead whispered she doesn't concern you any more, waving off her best friend instead and insisting she was fine while taking another drink.

"What's our play, Rule? Do we have one?" It took every part of Sweet Pea's willpower not to call Rule, Angel. He hated the way the constant mischievous sparkle she'd once had in her eyes had disappeared, but more than that, he hated that he had anything to do with it. Jughead answered for Rule, something she hated when he did. "We can't keep fighting for a gang that doesn't exist anymore,"

"Excuse me," Everyone brought their attention back to Rule, who was back on her feet with an all-new determination in her eyes. "But I didn't die, twice I might add, for the hell of it." Everyone flinched at the mention of her flatlining twice on the table, Rule walking closer to the circle of people. "Toni, you mentioned earlier about some serpents at the Whyte Wyrm. What're you talking about?"

...............

Anger, Sadness, Guilt; a mixture of feelings ate at Rule's insides as she stood in the Whyte Wyrm. Serpents, her serpents, had been living there in cramped quarters. "I don't understand," Rule watched her family eat from cans, her jaw clenched. "You saw what the Ghoulies did to most of Sunnyside." Toni squeezed Rule's hand, Sweet Pea daring to walk up next to them while the pink haired girl spoke. "A lot of Serpents couldn't afford to leave Riverdale. So we came here," 

Rule whipped her head to her best friend, even glancing at Sweet Pea. "Like hell, you're moving in with me, end of discussion. And you," Sweet Pea was surprised Rule even spoke to her. "Tell me you're letting people stay at ou- the house." Toni and Jughead glanced awkwardly at one another when the untalked about past was brought up in front of them, tension thick as smoke wafting through the air. "Yeah, yeah I am. Annie and Zoe took in some people too,"

"Actually, I'm gonna stay with Cheryl. But, there are a few people I was gonna ask if you'd be okay housing?" Rule nodded at Toni, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively when she talked about Cheryl.  "That's fine but until then I need to have a very interesting discussion with my dear uncle."

............................

"Zip it and listen," Cheryl Blossom burst through Jughead Jones front doors, Fp having left considering the fight he'd gotten into with Rule earlier. Rule, Archie, who she'd forgiven, and Jughead stood up from their ice cream sundaes. "We need to get down to the Whyte Wyrm, now!" That was all Rule needed to hear before she took the bow, quiver, and cloak in Cheryl's hands and ran past her out the door. Rule fastened the emerald material around her as she ran, thankful for the fact she chose to wore heeled boots, notching an arrow and ignoring the pain shooting through her body.

"Everybody listen up!" Rule pushed open the bar door, everyone's attention turning to her. Sweet Pea jumped up from his position, everyone already having started packing due to the fact Cheryl had texted Toni. "Take only what you absolutely need, we can replace the rest later. We need to move quickly and quietly. I know Toni already told you what was going on, so we need to move a little faster. Sheriff Minetta's forces are all over the Southside and they're looking for our blood. If you want your skulls to remain uncracked, which you do, trust me, we have to go undetected."

"Go where? There isn't anywhere that's safe." A glare was shot at Sweet Pea from Rule, a signal that he wasn't being of much help. "We've been offered asylum on the Northside. My apartment is small but I have a couch, a couple of recliners, extra beds, and a floor. Even if I need to sleep in my truck, we can do this. You are my people, I will not let anything happen to you. Now, it's time."

Rule led the way with Sweet Pea by her side, something that came naturally. Silently, everyone snuck through the streets, Jughead and Archie heading up a separate group while Toni and Cheryl took another. Sirens sounded, Sweet Pea pulling Rule protectively by her waist into a nearby alleyway with everyone else in their group. She hated the way her heart could still manage to speed up when he touched her, Rule shoving him away from her as she looked at her feet. "I'm sorry," Rule scoffed, motioning for everyone to start moving again. 

"Yeah, I'm sure you are."