Add a full body cast to the ensemble

Rule marched through the door of the Cooper house directly behind Betty and Jughead, more frustrated than the other two considering she really wanted to turn the Nun into a human margarita. Not to mention she felt ridiculously guilty that she wasn't at home taking care of her boyfriend and making him homemade chicken noodle soup. Honestly, she'd just had a terrible week all together, so she was really looking forward to beating up literally anyone. Chic Cooper would definitely do. "We should've gone to the Sisters weeks ago and found this out,"

"Found out what, Betty?" Rule glared at Chic, his atoms apple bobbing up and down in slight fear. "What's he doing here Mom?" Alice smiled politely at Rule, chopping vegetables as she spoke. "I took Chic down to the Sheriff's station to make his statement and then I invited him back here for dinner." Jughead and Rule, both pissed, looked at each other. "That's great, except he's not Chic." 

"Betty-"

"Shut the hell up twat waffle!" Everyone looked slightly taken aback by Rules outburst, and, rather unusual, insult. "We went down to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy, they really need a new name, and this is your real son Alice, not this dipstick." Rule signaled for Betty to show Alice the photo, heart breaking at the crushed look on her face. "I-I don't understand!"

"I do, Betty's been out to get me from the start. She never wanted a brother!" Rule had never seen Betty quite as angry as she was in that moment. "You're not my brother!" Alice had tears in her eyes, shoving the picture in Chic's face. "What is this picture? What does it mean?" Jughead, ever the problem solver, walked around the counter, slowly, towards Chic. "That's what we're trying to find out, Mrs. Cooper, the truth." 

The air was still, but every fiber in Rules body told her to react, but before she could process, Chic lunged towards the kitchen knife. "Chic no!" Rule pushed Alice out of the way, crying out more in surprise than pain when the knife sliced open her palm. Betty and Alice stood frozen as Chic swiped at Jughead, who managed to dodge each time. Rule snatched the rolling pin from the counter, ignoring the stinging in her hand, and smashed the wooden object into the back of Chic's head so hard she was thoroughly surprised it didn't break. Standing over the unconscious body, Rule hugged Jughead to her. "Aren't you glad I always have your back?" A few humorless laughs escaped everyone, Betty tearing off some paper towels and holding them to Rules hand.  

"Rule, oh my god, are you okay? You shouldn't have done that," Alice rushed over, cleaning her wounded hand and instructing Betty to grab the bandages. "I'm fine Alice, and its not like I could let him hurt my family." Rule gave her a meaningful and knowing look, Alice just nodding silently at the acknowledgment of information. After being bandaged, Rules phone started to buzz, answering without looking since the ringtone was Sweet Peas. "Hey Sweet-"

"Rule, how wonderful it is to hear your voice again." 

It took everything for the phone in Rules hands not to crash to the ground, a sick feeling overwhelming her. "Nick St. Cocksucker, what the hell are you doing calling from my boyfriends phone?" A laugh resounded from the other side of the phone, his next words sending her running out the front door, everyone in the house to busy to notice.

"So that you'd believe me when I say I have him,"

.......................................

"Lets skip the chit chat, I have the money Nick." Rule, to put it simply, had all but begged on her hands and knees for Veronica to help her. Having her own vendetta against Nick, it didn't take much convincing for Veronica to show up at Rules house with a bag full of cash and a plan. "Well done Rule, meet me at the Chock'lit shoppe in an hour or your boy looses even more blood." 

Veronica watched Rule as she tossed her phone onto the bed, stripping of her clothes and not batting an eye at the fact she was in the room. A pair of leather leggings, low cut v neck that could help persuade, her Serpent jacket, and heeled boots later, Rule stomped over to her gun safe. Typing in the code, Rule grabbed her pistol, shoving it in the back of her jeans, slid her dagger in the sleeve of her jacket, and stuffed multiple other weapons all over her body, a pissed look on her face. "Lets do this," The two rode in Rules truck, her foot basically glued to the gas petal.

Rule and Veronica sat side by side in a booth, the latter sipping black coffee while the former sipped spiked coffee, compliments of the flask in her jacket. Her body stiffened when she saw Nick walk through the door, Veronica squeezing her thigh under the table. "You can do this Rule," Rule gave Veronica a tight smile. "I know, I have to."

"Well don't you took look lovely," Rule smirked sadistically at the cane in his hands. "We know. Nice cane Nick, perhaps next you can add a full body cast to the ensemble." That wiped the shit eating grin from his face, a small nudge inside of Rule at the action, a sign that she could do this. "First, I need proof that Sweet Peas okay." Rules heart dropped into her stomach when Nick pulled out his phone, showing her a picture of a beaten and bruised Sweet Pea. "Where is he you fuck-knuckle?" Rules tone was menacing, Veronica placing a hand on her leg to try and remind her of the task at hand. "First, the money."

He scoffed when picking up the bag, Veronica's statement of getting the rest when he let Sweet Pea go not helping the situation. "There is one other thing you could give me," Nick looked at Veronica, silently telling her to go away. Rule nodded at her, the girl walking away to stand outside. "What?"

"How about, what we started that night?"

A/N - Merry Christmas guys! I split this episode into two parts cause I wanted Rule to have a bigger part in it. She's gonna face some of her demons in the next chapter, something i'm really excited for. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and I love reading comments so don't be afraid to do so! 

Love you guys, 

Carly

Rule - Sweet Pea (1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें