Human Shield

Rule knew all about what had been happening with her friends over the past few months, having visited and kept in touch through the whole drama. She had even met Veronica during that time, and was glad to be there for her other best friend, Cheryl. So, normally most people would have been surprised to see Archie Andrews spray painting a building on the southside when all she wanted to was go on a night time walk. Yet she found herself walking over to him like it was normal. But Sweet Pea and a few others made it to him before she could. She waited until there were threats being made to step in, jumping in between both parties. Everyone looked surprised to see a girl get in between two testosterone filled idiots, but that quickly subsided once they saw that it was Rule. "What're you two princesses fighting about?" she asks, voice dripping with sarcasm. Both men glare at her while Fangs chuckles in the background, their malice not effecting her in the slightest. "Gingerbread over here was spray painting the wall." Sweet Pea explains, Rule fighting a smile at the nickname. "I'm proving a point jackass." Archie growls back, Sweets stepping forward to kick his ass. But ginger boy shocks us all by pulling out a gun and pointing it towards Sweet Pea, Rule stepping in front of Sweets without hesitation.

"Archie, leave. Now." Rule hisses, Sweet Pea trying his best to move her from harm's way but having no luck with her firmly planted feet. With one final glare at Sweet Pea, Archie finally walks away, leaving a angered Sweets to yell at Rule."Are you insane?" he shouts, Rule rolling her eyes and walking away. "He wouldn't have hurt me Sweets." she calls over her shoulder as she reaches her trailer, knowing he's following behind her. Sweet Pea grabs her arm and pushes her against the trailer, his arms caging her head as she looks up at him. "You don't know that R, he could have hurt you." he growls lowly. Rule suddenly realizes he's genuinely concerned, her arm reaching up to cup his face. He leans into her hand, the panic slowly fading from his eyes. "Well," she whispers. "I wasn't going to let him hurt you Sweets." she admits honestly,  focusing on his now smiling lips. "Awe, you care." he teases with familiar words, a small girlish giggle coming from her lips for the first time in years. "For some reason." she replies with a shrug, a deep chuckle coming from Sweet Pea. Her breath catches as he starts to lean down, tilting her head up and parting her lips in anticipation.

"My eyes!" Jughead shouts dramatically from behind Sweet Pea, shielding his eyes. Sweet Pea jumps away from Rule, a small pang of hurt surging through her that she tried to ignore. Stepping around Sweets and towards Jughead, she pulled out and lit a cigarette from her back pocket. "Sup asshole." she greets her cousin, blowing smoke from her nose. He gives her a smirk, handing the girl a small card with elegant writing she immediately recognizes. "Cheryl wanted me to give this to you, and Betty wanted to know if you would come to lunch with us tomorrow. For some reason she likes you." Jughead teases, a tiny smile evolving on Rules lips at the invitation from the girl she honestly liked and approved of. "Sounds good, Pops?" she questioned, hoping the answer was yes. Jughead snorted sarcastically at the girl "Of course dumbass." he replies, earning a smack to the chest and a middle finger in the face. He turns to look at Sweet Pea, a stony look on his face. "What the hell are you doing here?" he demands, Sweet Pea stepping forward defensively. "What's it to you traitor?" Sweets snaps.

A frustrated half scream comes from Rule, both boys turning to look at her. Grabbing both boys by the front of their shirts, she slams them into the side of her trailer. She gives them a menacing look , broken hand aching from the sudden use. "I have had enough of testosterone filled douchebags in the past few days to last a freaking lifetime!" she shouts into their faces, the two flinching back in fear. "I've been punched, almost shot, bruised, plus choked and not in a pleasant way!" Rule continues, Sweet Pea smirking at the last part of her sentence. She could be a terrifying person when she needed to be, or when she'd had way too much shit. "All I wanted to do was go for a walk but no! I've had to break up two fights and be a human freaking shield." she finishes yelling before backing up from the terrified 17 year old boys and opening up the door to her trailer, pausing halfway inside the door. "Now," she stops to take a calming breath "I'm going to go get drunk off my ass, walk around with no pants or bra, and binge watch the 100. Have a nice night dipshits." she finishes with a salute and a door slam.

Walking into the bedroom, Rule shimmies out of her clothing before grabbing an oversize star wars t shirt and throwing it on, leaving her in her underwear and shirt just as she said. Her feet padded to the kitchen fridge, grabbing a cold beer and slamming it on the counter edge to open the bottle. She bends over to throw her hair in front of her and puts the dark strands in a high ponytail, taking the beer and flopping in the small leather recliner when she's finished. Grabbing the tiny white remote, she flipped the tv onto netflix and clicked on "The 100 ". Yes, she shipped Bellarke but she also shipped Clexa, deal with it. Rule considered Murphy her spirit animal and Octavia Blake was freaking amazing. She let out a pleased sigh when a shirtless Bellamy Blake appeared on the screen, taking a huge gulp of beer before talking to herself about tv like she normally does.

"Bellamy Blake, you are the reason my expectations for men are so damn high."