The gift of brass knuckles

Rule and Sweet Pea were just about to kiss mid movie when a knock on the door sent them flying apart, pissing both parties off. With a huff, Sweet Pea threw open the door and glared at Toni. "What?" he snapped, the pink haired girl raising her hands in surrender. "Sheesh take a chill pill dude, I came two get you two for Jugheads final test. Rule has to deliver the final punch remember?" Toni explains to a peeved Sweets, popping the bubblegum she'd been chewing on. Rule let out a frustrated groan, one that Sweets found cute and Toni found amusing, before standing up. Grabbing Sweet Peas hand she intertwined their fingers, her small hand being swallowed by his but still feeling like they belonged. "Let's bounce." Rule teases with wiggling eyebrows, Sweet Pea snorting as the trio walked to a gathered crowd.

Sweet Pea let go of Rules hand, making her furrow her eyebrows in confusion. Shaking it off, Rule jogged over to Jughead and gave him a quick pep talk. Her brooding young cousin seemed even more angsty than usual, which was saying something. "Jug you don't have to do this you know?" Rule inquired, Jughead lifting his head to meet her gaze with a determined look. "No it's not that," he cuts off, looking at the crowd before continuing in a quieter tone "Betty broke up with me via Archie." Rule winced sympathetically, squeezing the boy she considered a brothers hand. "Want me to beat her up?" Rule offered up in a serious tone, continuing until she got a smile. "Betty's pretty tiny you know. One good punch might knock her on her ass." She finally stopped when he laughed, Toni tapping Rules shoulder to signify that its time to start. Rule pecked Jugheads cheek before walking over to stand next to Sweets, patting her pockets and swearing when she realized she didn't grab her brass knuckles. "Here." Sweet Pea murmurs, holding out a small pair of silver brass knuckles that matched his own. "These uh, they're for you." He scratched the back of his neck nervously as he finished, a small awestruck smile on Rules face. "I love them." Sweet Pea gives a genuine smile at her words and watches as she slides them on, grabbing her hand and kissing her knuckles lightly. Rule shudders when she hears the first punch being landed on Jughead, pain in Sweet Peas eyes at her reaction. His strong arm reaches out to pull Rule into his side, placing his lips on her forehead before releasing her and getting in line.

Rule stands straight as the line gets smaller and smaller until it's just her, sauntering up to Jughead with a mask of steel. For the smallest second Rule falters, waiting for Jughead to nod his bloody head to pull back her right arm. The loud crunch the collision of brass on skin makes Rule sick to her stomach, resisting the urge to help her cousin from the ground. A sigh of relief escapes when Jughead stands defiantly, cheers heard all around the trailer park as the serpents gain a new member. "Congratulations cuz." Rule whispers under her breath, a fake smile on her lips as her stomach begins to lurch. When Sweet Pea looks up from talking to Fangs Rules gone, his head whipping from side to side until he sees a tiny black haired figure hunched over in the tree line. Panic grips him as Sweet Pea sprints to Rule, holding back her long, inky hair as she spills the contents of her stomach, which wasn't anything except the pizza she'd ate with Sweets earlier. A tear ran down Rules cheek as Sweet Pea rubbed circles into her back, hooking an arm around her waist to help Rule stand.

A surprised gasp flies through Rules lips as Sweet Pea picks her up and carries her down the road to his trailer. Sweet Pea lived alone in a blue rundown trailer with tiny black shutters. Rule had never been to Sweets house and wouldn't have even known it was his unless she'd seen his motorcycle out front. Sweets kicks the front door closed with his foot, walking Rule into a slightly messy bedroom and gently placing her on the black quilted bed. He disappears from the room for a moment, coming back with his arms full.

First Sweets gives Rule a bottle of water, then he gently dabs her forehead with a wet washcloth. Rule shakily lifted the water bottle to her lips, gulping most of it down while Sweet Pea walked over to his dresser and pulled out of few clothing items. "You okay angel?" Sweet Pea asks worriedly, tucking a piece of black hair behind her ears. Rule weakly smiles up at Sweet Pea, placing a hand on his cheek. "Angel huh?" Rule teases him, stroking the side of his stubbly face. Sweet Pea widened his eyes in realization of what he'd said, sucking his lip into his mouth and biting on it. "If I hadn't just hurled that lip would be in a completely different mouth." Sweet Pea looks up at Rules words, her darkened eyes lingering on his now smirking lips. Her words stirred something inside him, wanting nothing more than to pin her down on the bed.

"Here." Sweet Pea thrusts clothes and a toothbrush into her arms, his voice cracking at the overwhelming thoughts. Rule pads to the bathroom, pausing in the doorway to talk behind her. "I like the nickname by the way." A pleased laugh was heard from behind Rule as she locked the door and stripped out of her clothes, putting on the provided black v neck. Sweet Peas shirt swallowed her frame and hit mid thigh, the shirt dipping down to show some cleavage.  Once Rule finishes brushing her teeth, she takes the hairbrush off the counter and drags it through her hair. Finally satisfied with her looks, Rule unlocks the bathroom door and saunters back into the bedroom. Sweet Pea turns around to talk, his jaw dropping, eyes darkening, and raking his gaze all over her. Rule does the exact same to a shirtless, muscular, sweatpant wearing Sweet Pea.

"Damn."