And The Dead (Part 2)

People always say that there was a bright light or an overcoming feeling of happiness. Some even said your life flashes before your eyes. Many believed in heaven and hell, many didn't. The point is, everyone believes in something, even if that something is nothing. When Rule Jones died at the docks in Riverdale, she didn't feel any of these things.

Her swollen green eyes had closed looking at her Aunt and opened in a dimly lit room filled with pictures of her life, moving as if it was a scene from Harry Potter. Rule expected to be in pain considering she'd literally been beaten to death, but as she climbed off a red and gold couch similar to one people think are in therapist's office, not a single bone in her body hurt. A white gown clung to her body, jagged lines of material weaving themselves over one another until the sleeveless dress ended mid thigh. She was barefoot, not that Rule minded considering she'd never been a fan of shoes, but the strangest part was that her fingers and toes were painted a pristine white. Rule was never one for the color white, she felt it was too pure and pretty, always opting for the color black instead.

"Radlee," Rule froze in her tracks, the voice she hadn't heard in over a year filling her mind as she turned around slowly. "Momma?" She hadn't called her mother that since she was eight, but as Rule stood there looking at the spitting image of herself in thirty years, she couldn't help it. The dark-haired woman gave her daughter a toothy grin, crossing the room in a white tunic and skirt similar to Rule's dress. Abby Jones wrapped her arms around her daughter, tears of happiness falling from their eyes as RJ Jones appeared in the corner, coming up from behind Rule to join in on the hug.

Rule jumped in surprise, her eyes lighting up as she switched to hug her father. "Hey, little one. You've changed," RJ Jones wrapped a curl from his daughter's hair around his index finger, taking in the changed length. She looked older than a year ago, wiser, her hair had grown from her shoulder's to her waist, which was even more voluptuous than before. "You guys haven't," The smile fell from Rule's lips, forcing itself to reappear moments later. "I've missed you, we can be together again." RJ and Abby Jones looked at one another over Rule's head, pulling back and walking her over to a large double door made of oak.

"Open the door, Rule."

Doing as she was told, Rule pushed open the door and stepped inside, the wind flying from her lungs when she looked in front of her. It was Rule, lying in a hospital bed with a tube down her throat and an IV in her right hand. Bandages were wrapped around her shoulder, head, and torso, two black eyes and a busted lip not even beginning to complete her damage. FP and Jughead Jones stood on the right side talking to Annie Green, worry and exhaustion on their faces. Rule almost laughed at the sight of Toni sprawled out asleep in a chair next to Cheryl, but the feeling died in her throat when her gaze switched to the other person in the room.

Sweet Pea sat in a chair to the left of the bed, one hand in Rules and the other supporting his head. His eyes were severely bloodshot, a five o'clock shadow spread across his face. The knuckles on his hands were bruised and slightly bloody, Rule wondering what he'd done for that to happen. As if he was right behind her, Rule could hear every word Sweet Pea whispered to her, his breath tickling the back of her neck. "I love you, Angel."

"He's the one," Abby Jones voice was a mere whisper, confirming all the thoughts Rule had when she'd taken Sweet Pea to meet them at the cemetery. A stab of pain went through Rule's chest at the proclamation, not noticing how her heart monitor accelerated slightly. Dr. Green announced soon after that it was time to go home, FP and Jughead having to quite literally drag Sweet Pea from the room. Looking to make sure everyone was gone, Annie shut the door and sat down next to Rule, taking a hand in hers. Rule turned to her parents, who held tears in their eyes as they came up to her and gave her a lingering hug. "Wait, why am I here?"

Abby and RJ stepped back, hand in hand, and walked back towards the door despite the ever-growing confusion and fear on their daughters face. "You have a decision to make, just know that we love you no matter what." As the door shut behind them, Rule lurched forward with a scream of protest, the doors not opening no matter how hard she tugged. She needed more time with them, to say how she felt, to tell them about everything that's happened. "Don't leave me! Please, not again!"

"Rule," Her screaming stopped, turning to look at the other Rule. The voice belonged to Annie, Rule shuffling closer to hear better. "You have a choice to make, Sweetheart. You can leave us and all the things you have to look forward too so you can see your Mom and Dad. Or you can stay. You can become a surgeon, and be a musician on the side like you want, which is a weird combo if I'm being honest. You can love, get married, and have kids. You can lead the Serpents, and you can give Sweet Pea a piece of your mind, lord knows I did. The bottom line is, what do you want, Rule?"

Listening to Annie speak, Rule stepped closer to the bed, her fingers wandering towards the snake necklace. That's when she felt it, the feeling of being sucked into a vortex of cold metal, flashes of her entire life flickering behind her eyes. The heart monitor went flat, Annie jumping up from her chair and yelling for help. A code team rushed into the room, handing a pair of paddles to Dr. Green. Annie sucked in a breath, leaning toward Rule's ear. "Well, not that! Fight damnit!"

"Clear!"

A/N

Hey guys! I'm doing an author and character Q&A at the end of the book. So, comment on whatever questions or comments you have under the name. I'll answer every single one, even if you post a question next year. Love you guys! 

(Sorry, forgot to list our names!)

Me -

Rule -

Sweet Pea -

Cheryl -

Jughead

Toni -

Josie -

Betty -

Archie -

Veronica -

Fp -

Kevin - 

Penny -

Annie Green -

Abby Jones -

Rj Jones -

Zoe Green -

Aaron Green -

Olivia Green -