The Hangover, Rule Edition

Rule always cared about how she looked, even if she was just going outside for a smoke and especially when she was hungover from drinking the night before. After straightening her hair and applying some natural makeup she stuck to a rather casual outfit choice ; white t shirt, rolled up jeans, black circular sunglasses, and a pair of white vans. Plus her serpent jacket but she always wore that. Her parents had left their old truck to her when they had died, obviously, so that's what she drove the following morning. She hardly ever wore much color so Jugheads reaction to her outfit when arriving at lunch the following morning was practically a given. "What the hell are you wearing?" He asks, eyeing the white t shirt in confusion. Betty elbowed the love of her life and gave him a look, the beautiful ponytail wearing teen turning to give Rule a megawatt smile. "Well I think you look great Rad!" Betty compliments, knowing Rule since she was five so Betty had permission to call Rule whatever she wanted. Sliding into the booth across from the two she finally took her sunglasses off and threw her jacket in the booth with her.

"Thanks Bets." She replied with a smile, mock glaring at Jughead but getting a grin in return. Moments later Pop Tate waddled over to the table, the old man smiling when he recognized the young girl. "Radlee Jones!" he stated with happiness, his semi loud tone causing a few people t turn around. Rule jumped from her seat to give him a tight hug."I missed you Pop's!" she cheered, craving a burger and shake like you wouldn't imagine. The old man chuckles at her as she sits down, a childlike aura surrounding her. "Ah, you mean you missed my burgers." he corrected, reading the girls mind. She grinned sheepishly at him, holding her fingers about a millimeter apart. "Maybe just a little." Rule admitted. Pops shook his head at the girl, not even having to pull out his notepad to remember our orders. He went around the table before finally getting to her, miraculously remembering her favorite. "Double bacon cheeseburger with pickles, bacon, and cheese only. Crispy french fries and a large vanilla milkshake with whip cream on top." He recited the order to her, always admiring how much the girl could eat. With a wink, he walked away to enter their orders. "How are you not fat?" Jughead asks bluntly. Rule smirks at her cousin "Because unlike some, I work out."  She states , fake coughing the name "Jughead". Betty starts to laugh at the bickering, shaking her head at how childish they could be when around each other. Rule and Betty had always been pretty close, but they weren't best friends like Rule was with Cheryl and Toni. Rule had always considered Betty more of a sister. So when she found out Jughead was dating her, to say she was happy was an understatement.

"So what was Cheryl's card about?" Jughead mumbles through a mouthful of food, gaining a disdainful look from a prissy woman in the corner. "Not that it's any of your business nosey, but she and Veronica invited me to some party thing tonight and apparently she wants me to meet some guy named Nick St. Clair." Rule makes a point of chewing obnoxiously as she speaks, glaring at the lady in the corner who goes back to eating when she realizes she was caught. "Oh, he's kinda cute. Not sure he's dating material though." Betty states simply, Jughead looking at her as she makes the statement about Nick being cute. "I'm not really looking for anybody to date. I honestly think I might have my eye set on someone else anyways." Rule played it off, finishing the last of her meal.

The three teenagers sat and talked for an hour longer, Rule finally getting up and going home. Rule walked inside her house, walking into her bathroom and shedding of clothing after telling Toni she would need help picking out an outfit for later tonight. Almost done shaving her legs, after she'd washed her hair, Rule got the scare of a lifetime when Toni barged into the bathroom. "Jesus Toni!" Rule shouted, miraculously not cutting herself on the razor. Her best friend smirks at her, grabbing a towel from the hall closet and handing it to Rule. Drying off, Toni sat out all the makeup and hair products needed for the night, handing Rule a silk robe to wear for now. Rule almost jumped out of her skin when she looked in the mirror, now realizing it was her mother's robe, and that she looked just like her. Toni rested her head on Rules shoulder, wrapping her arms around her. "She would've loved to see how much you look like her." Rule wipes away a tear at Toni's words, shaking her head to get her mind back on track. 

Seizing Toni by the wrist, Rule guides her into the bedroom and sits down at the white vanity after putting on some underwear. "Good luck Topaz, you're gonna need it.