That's not the only thing she lets me eat

"Sweet Pea if you want to go to this then you need to let me get dressed!" Sweet Pea begrudgingly loosened his hold on Rules bare hips, allowing her to get off the couch. Sweet Pea wanted to go to the Student council meeting, mostly to yell at people and tell them they were wrong, and Rule thought he was hot when he was pissed so it's a win win for both parties. Also Rule really just wanted an excuse to boo at Josie. Tugging on a pair of black jeans, ones that were Sweet Peas favorite cause they clinged to her skin, Rule shoved her feet into a pair of combat boots. "I'm stealing your jacket," Rule swiped Sweet Peas thin camouflage shirt that was more of a jacket on her, pulling it over her grey cropped camisole and rolling up the sleeves. "Damn Angel, you can keep it." Smiling at his praise, Rule stood on her toes to press a kiss against his lips, grabbing her black crossbody and slinging it across her torso. "You ready babe?" Sweet Pea's lips twitched upwards at the nickname, the two of them leaving their new house and driving to the school. Betty, who had been staying in the extra bedroom the past two days, had left hours earlier.

Slipping her hand into his, the pair made their way into Riverdale high, Rule snatching one of the provided popcorns on the way to the auditorium. Sweet Pea smiled amusedly down at Rule when she offered up some popcorn, plucking a piece from the paper bag and placing it in his mouth as they sat down in the foldable seats. A few minutes go by before Fangs takes a seat next to Sweet Pea and Toni takes one on the other side of Rule, Rule glaring when Fangs takes a piece of popcorn. "Get your own damn popcorn!" Toni giggles at the two, Fangs glaring back at Rule. "You let Sweet Pea eat it!" Sweet Pea smirks, Rule knowing exactly what he's going to say before he says it. "That's not the only thing she lets me eat." While Fangs chokes on his stolen popcorn, Rule reaches a hand up and hooks Sweet Peas neck, pulling him down to her. "You are going to pay for that later," Kissing the spot behind her ear, Sweet Pea whispers his reply. "Looking forward to it,"

The lights dimmed, signaling for everyone to be silent. Rule fixes her gaze on her cousin and his girlfriend, who'd basically only been sleeping at Rule and Sweet Peas house, always getting out before the couple woke up. "Okay, just a quick reminder that this school hall is a PTA sponsored event." Sweet Pea stands up, Fangs and Rule following suit. "Oh, and it looks like we have our first question." Alice points at the trio, Rule looking up and waiting for what her boyfriend has to say. "Yeah, no offense to the, uh, current administration, but it doesn't feel like anyone's looking out for the students who are being bussed in from the Southside. Is that gonna change?" Rule slipped her hand into Sweet Peas, squeezing it. A smile graced her face when Jughead places a microphone to his lips, making sure he's the first to answer.

"Absolutely, Sweet Pea, that's our priority." Rule elbows Sweet Pea in the ribs when he gives Fangs a look, glaring at him. "And no one should feel marginalised or excluded here." Betty speaks next, picking up where Jughead left off. "Jughead and I will be representing all students, Northside and Southside alike." Alice asks for the next question as soon as Betty finishes talking, the trio of Southsiders finally sitting down as Midge talks. Halfway through Veronica's speech, Josie interrupts her, Rule rolling her eyes and booing loudly, Sweet Pea shaking his head in amusement of her pettiness. Although she does snort at Reggies comment, Sweet Pea glaring at the man on stage. They sat for an hour, Rule mostly chatting with Toni the entire time and flipping off the people that shushed them. Rule all but cheered when the lights came back on, hopping up from her seat and tugging on Sweet Peas arm. "Thank god! Can we go home now?" Sweet Pea always smiled when Rule called their shared house home, grabbing her hand and nodding.

"Yeah, we can go home."

.................

"Oh I am so going to steal those boots later." Rule laughed at Toni's comment, glancing down at her outfit. Grey sweater, black velvet skirt, black knee high socks, burgundy scarf, and lastly burgundy combat boots that quickly became everyone's favorite. "You might have to fight Kevin for them," Sweet Pea walks into the classroom where the girls were camped out waiting for Jughead, Fangs right by his side. His eyes rake over Rules figure as if he hadn't seen her literally all day. "Damn, my angel's looking very good." Smirking at her, Sweet Pea walks over to Rule and pulls her against him, dipping his head down and pressing a kiss to her lips. "Good god you two, break it up! Jughead and Betty are here," Pulling away with a giggle, Rule pushes Sweet Pea into a chair and sits on his lap with an arm slung around his shoulder, the boy glaring at Toni over her shoulder.

A few minutes in, Sweet Pea cuts off Jughead. "You promised us a war," Rule leans her head into the crook of Sweet Peas neck, absentmindedly playing with his hair and smirking when his voice cracked "Then you're up on stage looking like Buddy Holly, sucking up to the Northsiders." Jughead didn't look affected in the slightest, something that made Rule a tad bit proud. "We need their votes, Sweet Pea. It's the only way that we can affect any change. Whoever's elected gets a seat on the school board. That means we're on the inside, that means they can't silence us." Fangs scoffs unexpectedly, opening his mouth to speak sarcastically. "You and the northside princess, you mean?"

"Wait, is that why you guys are pissed? Betty's on our side." Betty glances at Jughead, speaking next. "Yeah, i've helped the serpents on numerous occasions. I helped find the pickens statue head, I got Cheryl to testify - " Rule snaps her head when Sweet Pea cuts off Betty. "You did all that to help your boyfriend, not the serpents."

"Alright, take it down Sweet Pea-"

"What, it's only a matter of time before she bails on us, just like her mother. That's why you aren't getting the serpent vote-"

"Hey! That's enough!" Rule draws everyone attention, something she'd been able to do for a long time. Hopping up from Sweet Peas lap, Rule marched to the front of the classroom and stood on a desk, always having a flair for the dramatics. "We are all on the same side here, and Betty, a girl who helps us, is not her mother. So pull your head out of your asses because no serpent stands alone. Now, my cousin is in fact a serpent, get the picture?"

And in complete unison, everyone, including Jughead, Betty, and Sweet Pea, nodded at their queen.