|Lemonade XLIV|

××××

With school back in, Christmas break was over. The new years came as months began to fly by. Vanessa felt as though she barely got any sleep. During the holidays, her job had her working all crazy hours. On the bright side, she got to spend time with her loved ones and Jasper. Things with him were going great as well. She was so glad he was apart of her life. But something still played with her curiosity. Not that she should worry about it but she couldn't help it. When her mom mentioned that she worked on a case with someone with the last name Preź. Could it be Jasper's family? Or maybe it was just a coincidence. Vanessa brushed it off and decided to not think about it.

"I don't know what that was but I won't ask. It seems like you were having a deep conversation with yourself there." Jasper said from across the counter he leaned against.

Vanessa shrugged and shut off the waffle maker. It was Saturday. Jasper stopped by early that morning. He seemed a bit off in the beginning but now, he was back to being his usual self.

"I have to ask you something important though."

She raised a brow after taking a bite into her pizza waffle.

"So I've been looking for apartments lately. But every one I looked at is either too small or in a bad location. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough-"

The millions of thoughts that ran through Vanessa's head. But the one question that stuck out is; why was he looking for an apartment? Has something happened to him? Was this about his mother? Olivia?

"And you're not listening to me. Great." He frowned and pushed away from the counter.

She instantly panicked, in thinking she hurt his feelings. Vanessa hurried around the kitchen island and grabbed his hand before he could leave.

"I'm sorry Jasper. I was listening to you. It's just... are you okay? Is things at home okay?"

He looked down at her. This look of pain and anger drew out on his features. Without acknowledgement, Jasper snatched his hand away from hers.

"What's that suppose to mean?! Cause I want my own place, my life at home has to be a wreck?!" Vanessa took a step back in fright. Whoever was standing in front of her, wasn't Jasper. This person was more terrifying.

Jasper noticed the fear in her eyes as his soften as well. Great, now she's scared of me! He mentally kicked himself. Jasper never wanted Vanessa to be afraid of him.

"I'm sorry Vanessa, I shouldn't have snapped at you. You were only trying to help. I'm more frustrated with myself because I don't know what to do."

She nodded. Jasper still yet amazes her. Just when Vanessa thought she had tore down his walls, there was another thicker, solid layer there. Jasper Preź was truly full of mysteries.

"I don't know what you're going through and you don't have to tell me. But this obviously means so much to you. I'm willing to help only if you let me."

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Vote
Comment
Follow